It’s no secret that Facebook developers constantly update their platform. Thus, the privacy settings also continue to change, which causes confusion for Facebook users. Protect, manage and secure your Facebook account is actually an important factor that every user should not take for granted. In the modern world, with so many online threats is just waiting around the corner, it is so easy to compromise your Facebook profile.
- How to Hide Facebook Posts From Anyone In Friend List
- 5 Interesting Facebook Tricks You Might Not Know
What is Facebook Privacy Watcher?
It is a Firefox add-on (also available for Google Chrome) which does a good job of managing and Facebook privacy security. This little app was developed at the Center for Advanced Security Research Darmstadt (CASED) in association with TU Darmstadt (TU Darmstadt), so it is very safe and effective. It provides a simple interface that will help users to manage the settings of their favorite social media site for privacy.
How does Facebook Privacy Watcher work?
Facebook has a very comprehensive system of privacy settings so it is very important to keep an eye on them. Facebook Privacy Watcher allows users to choose the right audience for each update Timeline. You slightly change the settings whenever you feel like updating your profile.
Highlights add-on and marks of different colors all the information on your Timeline based on its visibility to your next Facebook. With this simple tool, you can immediately check and see if the privacy settings for particular update agree or you may want to change them.
Facebook Privacy Watcher installation
- First, launch Firefox and open your add-ons Manager, select Tools> Add-ons from the menu.
- Choose Get Add-ons tab and type the name of the Facebook Privacy Watcher add-on in the search field.
- Scroll down and click See all results.
- In the new tab, choose Facebook Privacy Watcher and add it to your browser.
- Or you can visit the developers’ site and install the add-on from there. Note that, unlike many other add-ons, you do not have to restart the browser to activate the newly installed add-on.
- Once the installation is complete, you will see the add-on thank you page.
- On the main toolbar of your browser, you’ll see a new icon:
- Click Try it now! on the thank-you page and log into your Facebook account.
- Watch a short tutorial on how to use the add-on:
Facebook Privacy Watcher in use
When add-on is finished reading the settings in your privacy Facebook profile, you will see different colors for your scenario inputs.
The default colors defined for the visibility and status of your Facebook update are listed below:
- Blue – The information in your profile is visible to all your Facebook friends.
- Red – Only you can see the information.
- Orange – Your information is visible only to your friends.
- Green – Your information is available to all Facebook users.
You can easily change each color via the add-on settings. Just click on the add-on icon on the toolbar, then select Settings.
Facebook Privacy Watcher, you can effectively improve the overall security of your Facebook profile.
Do you use other tools to secure your Facebook page? Share them in the comments below.