In iOS 15, you can add background sounds to music when using AirPods or any other bluetooth speaker. You can choose from various sound effects like rain, ocean, stream and many more that play your favorite songs in the background. All you need is to activate the Audience functionality in the control center!
How to Add Sound Effects to Apple Music Songs
- 1. Open Control center. (Swipe down from the top right corner of the screen)
- 2. Press the Audience icon.
- 3. Press on Background sounds to activate them.
- 4. Then press Rain or the sound effect who is currently active to open the list of available ones Background sounds.
- 5. Tap any available sound effect in the list to select it: Balanced noise, Brilliant noise, Dark noise, Ocean, Rain Where Flux.
Made: The sound effect starts playing immediately. Adjust the volume for the best experience.
- 6. Finally, open Apple Music and start playing music!
Hearing icon not available in Control Center?
- Open Settings and search Control center.
- Scroll down for the More controls section.
- Press green ‘+’ icon available next to Audience.
Advice: Drag and drop Hearing to the desired location in the list of included controls, long-pressing the three horizontal lines icon.
Background sound settings
If the sound effects are better when you start playing Apple Music, you need to consult the Use when media is playing option!
- To do this, open Settings and search Accessibility -> Audio / Visual -> Background sounds.
- You also have the option to turn off background noises when you lock iPhone!
- In addition, adjust the volume of the sound effect for both situations: when playing in standalone mode and when playing in the background of other media.
Background sound automations in iOS 15
How? ‘Or’ What:
- Open Shortcuts and press Automations.
- Press the ‘+’ icon available in the upper right corner of the screen to create a new automation.
- To select Create personal automation.
- Press on Bluetooth and choose your [AirPods name] in the Device section.
- Faucet Ended to confirm and hit Next go forward.
- Find and add the following actions one by one: Change the background sound, Set the volume of background sounds, Set the background sound. Set them as shown in the screenshot provided nearby.
- Faucet Ended when you are ready and make sure the Automation is enabled!
Do you like the new iOS 15 background sounds feature? Which sound effect do you prefer? Use the comments section to share your comments!
Related: Live listening not working with AirPods? Here’s what you can do to fix it!