Facebook has launched a new Messenger desktop app for Windows 10 that lets you chat via text, voice, and video even when you’re not using its website. The company has already made its new native Messenger application for the computer available worldwide.
This new Facebook Messenger application for PC is optimized for the larger desktop screen, replicating the same experience you experience with the existing messenger on your smartphone.
You get dark mode, group video calls and notifications, similar to what you see on your smartphone. Currently, it is available in 49 languages.
Facebook Messenger app for Windows 10
Here is the list of features of the new Messenger desktop application that Facebook has launched:
- Make group video calls on a larger screen like your desktop or laptop computer
- It’s easy to log in and you don’t need anyone’s phone number for that because your Facebook friends already have Messenger
- The application allows you to multitask and you can enter and exit the application while performing other tasks
- Similar to your smartphone, it allows you to receive notifications for new messages, so you can quickly find the cat you are looking for. You can also easily deactivate and repeat notifications
- Chat is synced to mobile devices and desktop computers, so you don’t have to worry about which device to use
- Get similar functionality to what you currently have on your Messenger smartphone. Including dark mode and GIFs
Using the Facebook Messenger app on your Windows 10 PC
Installing the Facebook Messenger app is simple. All you have to do is head to the Windows Store Download.
The size of the application is only 105.9 MB, so it is light and downloads quite quickly.
Once you launch the app for the first time, you will be asked to log in. You can either sign in with Facebook or use your email address or phone number as shown in the screenshot below.
I chose to connect with Facebook, and that led me to a browser, where my Facebook connection information was already saved. Click on, “Open Messenger Desktop“.
3]Opening the application
At this point, you may have to wait a few seconds to connect and for your conversations and all the data they contain to load during the download.
What is the use Facebook Messenger application for PC?
I would say it’s pretty good and does everything your mobile app does. You can turn notifications on or off to receive alerts on your desktop when you receive new messages. You can also adjust the theme of the application to activate the dark mode and change the default skin tone of your emoji.
You can get in touch with any of your Facebook friends to make a group video call and everyone on Facebook can be reached automatically via this desktop app.
In a press release, Facebook said:
“Over the past month, we have seen an increase of more than 100% in the number of people using their desktop browser for audio and video calls on Messenger.”
With the whole world struggling to cope with Coronavirus, the new Facebook Messenger application for PC certainly allows people to stay in touch with their friends and loved ones during this time.
- Keywords: Facebook, Windows applications