While Windows offers an incredible search, one of the problems that have long annoyed the annoyance lies in the limited number of features to perform complex searches. In this post we are talking about File search, a search software that can find files and data faster than Windows Search.
Find files faster with File Seek
This free search software uses multithreading to improve the speed of its searches. This is the key. Instead of simply looking for places after others, he can search in many places. There is no indexing in the background, which ensures that your computer does not slow down.
That said, once you launch the software, the interface offers so many options that you risk getting lost. So let me explain them to you.
1) The first tab is Search. You will use it most of the time. You can add multiple paths, choose the type of file to exclude, type to specifically include, and even exclude the path, such as system files. When you want to add a new way, be sure to use the Browser and Add option. If you know what Regex is, you can use it, but specify it in the drop-down menu.
2) The second tab is advanced. It gives you minute-like options
- Case sensitive query
- Match the query to an entire file or to each line of the file
- Look for subfolders, folder names, file names, and more. They will allow you to search if you want to match the exact text or only with a name or inside the file, etc.
3) The third tab is the date filter. If you are sure of dates, you can search by date of creation, date of consultation and date of modification. You can combine them all or do individual research.
4) The last tab is the Size filter. This makes things easier, especially when the text query appears in smaller files while you search for larger files.
File search functions
1) Rich context menu
This is one of the best features of File Seek. In the search result, when you right-click a file, you get a rich context menu.
- Export all results in CSV and HTML format
- Zip search results
- Copy all selected results or results with the file name or without file name.
- Operations on files such as copy, cut or rename
- Delete files from the result or permanently delete files or move them to trash
- You can also open the Windows context menu
2) Research Profiles
If you need to repeat the same search again and again, you can then save the search using the profile search option. You can define all the criteria and, when you know its right, keep it.
3) Regular expression support
Regular searches based on expressions are very accurate and save a lot of time. At the same time, when you set date filters and folder criteria, you can find everything much faster.
4) Synchronize your settings
If you create an account with File Seek, you can synchronize search profiles anywhere you install it. When working between multiple computers but you need to do the same search in both places, it will be very useful.
Finally, you should take a look at the settings. You can customize almost everything, including search results columns, file managers, preview managers, and more.
File Seek Free version offers limited functionality, but they are always useful. The free version is excellent, keeping in mind the number of features it offers and the speed with which it can find the files. You can download it from his home page.