Bluetooth is a wireless technology protocol that connects a PC with external devices and devices. This can be very useful, and many PCs have built-in Bluetooth support. It is a protocol that allows you to connect a desktop computer or laptop with Bluetooth enabled devices without any cables. Sometimes, users may not even be aware that their device has Bluetooth.
Check if Windows 10 PC has built-in Bluetooth
In this article, we will show you how to check if your PC has built-in Bluetooth support. You have three ways to do it:
- Check the device manager
- Check the control panel
- Check the Settings app
1) Check the device manager
The easiest way to check Bluetooth compatibility is through the Device Manager. To check if your PC has Bluetooth, follow these steps:
- press the Windows key + X or right click beginning, to open the Win + X menu.
- To select Device Manager on this menu to open the window.
- On the window, look for the Bluetooth radios Category. This should be listed somewhere closer to the top of the window.
- If you can not find a Bluetooth radio, click Network Adapters in the Device Manager window. Bluetooth radios can be listed instead.
2) Check the control panel
Another method you can use to check if your Windows 10 device has Bluetooth is to search for a Bluetooth applet in Control Panel. You can do this by following these steps:
- Press the Windows + R keys, in the Run dialog box, type ncpa.cpl press Enter to open network connections
- You can also navigate to Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center > Change the settings of adaptation.
There should be a Bluetooth network connection there. If you can not find it in the list, your laptop or desktop does not have Bluetooth.
3) Check the Settings app
Another way to check Bluetooth settings is to open the Settings app in Windows 10. You can do this by doing the following:
- Click on beginning menu button and select Settings or press Windows key + I.
- Click on features to open the window.
If you have Bluetooth, you should be able to switch the Bluetooth button and add Bluetooth devices.
Users who do not have Bluetooth can still add it to their desktop or laptop with a Bluetooth adapter / dongle. You have just connected it to a USB port on your desktop or laptop.
PSIf you have upgraded a Windows 7 desktop or laptop to Windows 10, it may not support Bluetooth and the methods listed above can also be used to verify if this is the case.