At the beginning of Android, managing various Android notifications was a tedious task. All this changed with the launch of Android Oreo. When Google released Android 8.0, it also bought the notification channels needed. He ranked the notifications fairly efficiently and created a simplified application notification management process. Nevertheless, some applications contain so many types of notifications that it becomes very difficult to manage them. In this guide, we'll see how to customize WhatsApp notifications in different ways.
Customizing WhatsApp notifications for contacts and groups
In this guide, we will look at two different methods for managing or customizing your WhatsApp notifications. The first comes from the notification settings of the device. The second, however, is done via the application itself. Let's take a look at both, one by one. The guide below works as well on the beta as on the stable version of WhatsApp.
From the device notification settings
- Meeting on Settings and navigate to Applications and notifications. Press on See all apps xx.
- To select WhatsApp in the application list and press Notifications.
- At the top you would see the Show notifications to toggle. This toggle controls all other WhatsApp notifications. If you disable this switch, all other notifications mentioned below will also be disabled. You will not be able to customize any WhatsApp notifications. However, the WhatsApp status feature will not be disabled.
- Under the cats section, you have the option to enable / disable notifications related to Group notifications or Message notifications.
- Inside, you will see either the Behaviour option or Importance option. Regardless of the name, both perform the same set of functions.
- You can further customize these WhatsApp notifications. Choose from the following options: Make a sound and appear on the screen, Makes some noise, Show in silence, Show in silence and minimize.
- To further customize WhatsApp group notifications, press Advanced. It contains various options such as setting / editing the default WhatsApp notification sound, the behavior of WhatsApp notifications on the lock screen, and so on. Replace "Do not disturb" This feature allows you to receive these notifications even when Do Not Disturb is enabled.
With that, we complete the first half of the guide, which is how to customize WhatsApp notifications from the Device Settings menu. We will now see how to do the same since WhatsApp. Plus, if you want to send WhatsApp messages without registering a number to a user.
Customize WhatsApp notifications via in-app settings for all users / groups
- Open WhatsApp on your device and tap three vertical dots at the top right.
- Select the Settings option and press the The notifications option.
- The first option is Conversation shades. Personalize your WhatsApp notifications for the conversation by enabling or disabling sounds for incoming / outgoing messages.
- Then, under the posts section, you have the option to choose a notification tone, a vibration type, a popup notification option, the use of high priority notifications, etc. The last feature ensures that WhatsApp notifications replace all other notifications and take first place on your notification. sign.
- Similarly, you have the same set of options under the Groups section. Personalize WhatsApp notifications for your groups accordingly.
- The last section provides options for choosing the WhatsApp call ringtone and vibration type.
Set the WhatsApp custom notification for individual contacts
- To customize the WhatsApp notification on an individual basis, tap the particular user or group name. Among the different options, one would be Mute the notifications. It offers the possibility to disable the selected contact for 8 hours, 1 week or for a whole year.
- You can also assign a particular notification tone, a vibration mode, a message pop-up, a notification light, ringing tones, and so on. To do this, go to the profile of this user and tap the button Custom Notification option.
- Then press Use custom notifications to enable this feature. Customize the WhatsApp notification for the selected contact according to your needs.
That's it. You learned how to customize WhatsApp notifications universally, as well as for individual contacts. In addition, we introduced two different methods of customizing WhatsApp notifications. If you still have problems with any of the above steps, please let us know in the comments below.
Read more: How to view, download and delete Google activities