Apple just released iOS 14.1 with 13 bug fixes, but there are still many other iOS 14 issues that haven’t been fixed. The most boring one ‘dangerous’ The problem is the bug that randomly mutes the ringtone and alerts on your iPhone. This leads to missed phone calls, late waking up, and can literally ruin your entire day.
Apparently, Apple managed to fix this problem by iOS 14.2. However, this next major software update may only be released in the coming weeks. If you can’t afford to randomly turn off your incoming calls, texts, and alarms when you least expect them, we encourage you to update to the latest beta of iOS 14.2 and fix this issue.
IOS 14.2 Public Beta Information
The public beta of iOS 14.2 is available for free. Before starting the update process, please make a full backup of iPhone and iPad through iTunes or iCloud. Also be aware that beta versions are not bug free. They can cause increased battery drain or other problems. At the time of writing, we have tested iOS 14.2 beta 3 and it’s stable enough to recommend it!
How to Update to iOS 14.2 Beta
Install the iOS 14 beta profile
1. Use Safari to sign up for the iOS 14 beta program. (direct link). Sign up or sign in with your Apple ID and agree to Apple’s terms.
2. Scroll the “Guide to the public beta” page until you reach the ‘To start’ section. Press on register your iOS device!
3. Scroll down for the “Install profile” section and press Download profile.
4. Hit To allow, to allow the profile to be downloaded.
5. Tap close and swipe up to exit Safari.
6. Open Settings and search General, scroll to Profile and press the IOS 14 beta profile!
7. Tap Install, upper right corner of the screen. Enter your device Password. Tap Install again and do the same for the third time, when the Install option is revealed from the bottom of the screen.
8. Hit To restart to restart your iPhone and allow the changes to take effect!
Download iOS 14.2 Beta OTA
Important: Updating from iOS 14.1 or iOS 14.0.1 to iOS 14.2 Beta requires you to download iOS 14 from scratch. It’s a big 4.97 GB Download! Make sure your iPhone is connected to a stable Wi-Fi hotspot. The whole update process can take up to 1 hour as shown here!
9. Open the Settings and search General -> Software update.
ten. Tap Download and install, on the iOS 14.2 public beta 3 screen. Enter your access code and the download starts. Please be patient until it finishes and the iPhone is ready for the update.
Install iOS 14.2 Beta
11. Tap Install now, when the option becomes available.
Important: Your iPhone will become unusable from this point on. The update will be checked and started. The Apple logo appears on the screen. Wait until the loading bars are filled. The smartphone will restart after the update process is complete!
IOS 14.2 Beta Update Problems?
If you have any issues along the way, please check out our detailed troubleshooting guide on how to fix iOS update stuck in different phases!
If you still need help, feel free to use the comments section of this article and we’ll be happy to help.
New features iOS 14.2 Beta
In addition to fixing the ringtones and alerts bug in iOS 14, iOS 14.2 will also add new features:
- Shazam Control Center Toggle: lets you quickly find out what music is playing nearby with just a tap in the control center.
How? ‘Or’ What: Open Settings -> Control Center and add the new Shazam music recognition toggle to the list of included controls.
Shazam is now also able to recognize music from applications, such as games. It is also to inform you of the music playing when you wear your AirPods. Recognized songs are displayed as notifications. Tap on it and they will start playing in Apple Music!
- Apple Music suggestion in the control center: is another new feature that shows suggestions in the Now Playing widget when no music is playing.
Made: in iOS 14.2, it’s also easier to know and control the devices connected to AirPlay (Bluetooth speakers, Apple TV) using the redesigned media controls.
- People detection: is a new feature available in the Magnifier app, starting with iOS 14.2. It allows iPhone users with vision problems to use the Camera app and know how far they are from other people.
Have you updated to iOS 14.2 Beta? What’s your opinion? Let us know in the comments section available below!
Related: Discover all the new features of iOS 14!