Apple wasted no time and released the iOS 15 Public Beta a day before July! If you have a compatible iPhone, you can immediately update to iOS 15 Public Beta as long as you enroll your iOS device in the Apple Beta software program. Updating iOS 15 is easily done over the air, but we recommend installing it on a secondary device as it comes with a fair share of bugs and glitches.
How to update to the public beta of iOS 15
An iOS beta test version is downloaded and installed from Settings, like any other iPhone software update. However, you must first install the iOS 15 configuration profile to access the public beta update stream.
Download the iOS 15 Public Beta Profile
- 1. Open Safari on your iPhone and go to Apple Beta Software Program website.
- 2. Register or log in with your Apple ID.
- 3. Scroll to To start section and press register your iOS device.
- 4. Press on Download profile, available in the Install profile section.
- 5. To permit downloading the iOS 15 beta profile.
- 6. Tap To close to reject the Profile uploaded arise.
- 7. Open Settings and press Profile uploaded, available at the top of the screen.
Advice: If the suggestion is not available, manually search General and scroll to Profile section.
- 8. Tap Install on the IOS 15 and iPadOS 15 beta software program screen.
- 9. Enter your Access code and press Install, in the upper right corner of the screen. Hit Install again to confirm.
- ten. Tap To restart to restart iPhone and apply the changes.
- 11. Open Settings and search General -> Software update.
- 12. Tap Download and install to start the iOS 15 Public Beta 2 update process.
Made: iOS 15 Public Beta 2 is the first released public beta and equivalent to iOS 15 Developer Beta 2
- 13. Enter Access code and be patient while the update is requested, downloaded and prepared.
- 14. Press on Install now to begin the actual installation process.
Made: This is the point of no return. After you tap Install Now, the update is verified and the process cannot be canceled.
- 15. The iPhone screen turns black, a white Apple logo appears on the screen, and a loading progress bar indicates the installation status. The device will restart to mark the end of the iOS 15 installation process. Provide your Access code and get started with the iOS 15 Public Beta!
- Connect iPhone to Mac using the Lightning USB cable.
- Open Searcher of Dock or using Spotlight search.
- Click on the [iPhone name], available in the left sidebar, under Pitches.
Advice: You may need to click Trust in Finder to allow your MacBook to connect to your iPhone. Also tap Trust on iPhone and enter the password to confirm.
To fix: Is iPhone constantly connecting and disconnecting from Mac? Here is the correction!
- In Searcher, browse the General tab and click the radio button next to ‘Back up all your iPhone data to this Mac’.
- Click on Save now.
Install the iOS 15 public beta profile
Download and install the public beta of iOS 15
How to make an archived iPhone backup
Before upgrading to the public beta of iOS 15, we strongly recommend that you take an archived backup of your device. This backup will allow you to downgrade to iOS 14, if you are not satisfied with the iOS 15 test version.
Made: Some applications may not work as expected in the beta version of iOS 15, due to incompatibilities.
Important: Updates made in iOS 15 cannot be used to restore iPhone to iOS 14, which is why it is very important to back up before installing iOS 15 beta.
Advice: When the archived backup is ready, you can view the date and time of the last save in General, above Manage backups.
IOS 15 public beta features
iOS 15 brings many new features to the iPhone. We have already reviewed some of these during the Developer Beta testing phase. You can consult them here:
– Add text from camera
– Filter notifications with Focus
– Drag and drop files to iPhone
– Summary of iOS 15 notifications
– EXIF metadata in photos
– FaceTime video calling on Android and Windows
– Protection of confidentiality of mail
– Lock PDF with password
– Memoji Outifts
IOS 15 public beta issues
IOS 15 Developer Beta versions 1 and 2 have been surprisingly stable, and Apple’s early public beta rollout is a strong indicator. We did not encounter any major bugs.
However, this section is reserved for issues that appear during the beta testing stages of iOS 15. Please feel free to use the comments section and report any issues that arise!
Have you updated to iOS 15 Public Beta 2? What is your feedback?
Related: Along with the public beta of iOS 15, Apple has also released public test versions of iPadOS 15, watchOS 8, and tvOS 15.