Internet Download Manager is one of the most used download managers in the whole world. But, you may still face slow download speed in it. If you are currently facing a slow speed problem for IDM, you may want to increase IDM download speed to the maximum. To help you on this purpose, sujonhera.com has come up with the full tutorial of 5 ways to do it with clear and easy to understand screenshots. Here are the 5 ways to increase IDM download speed:
- Top 10+ Best Alternatives To IDM (Internet Download Manager)
- How to Remove Shortcut Virus from USB Drives & PC
HOW TO INCREASE IDM DOWNLOAD SPEED:
1. Internet Connection Settings:
Your IDM detects your internet connection and works accordingly. But, if you are facing a slow speed, you can increase the speed by changing some settings. For this purpose, open IDM and click on the Options tab.
2. A new window will come up like this. Click on the Connection tab.
3. Now you will see the following screen.
4. Click on the Connection Type/Speed drop down menu and select the last option of High Speed.
5. Now, click on the Default maximum connection number drop down menu and select 32.
6. As soon as you click it, it will show this precaution. Click on the OK button.
7. Right. Your settings will be looking like this. Click on the OK button and close the window.
2. Avoid Speed Limiter:
You may not have noticed that a speed limiter has been set on your IDM. If someone clicks this box, the default download speed will be 10 KB or any other value set to it. So, always make sure this box is unchecked if you want the maximum download speed in IDM.
3. Free Hard Disk Space:
If your computer hard disk is full or nearly full, it will show a red color, the sign of danger. Never fill your hard disk like this. It reduces the data writing speed of the drive and if it becomes full, there will be no space for the downloaded file. So, always keep some space in the C drive to get the maximum download speed in IDM.
4. Close Other Applications:
When you want to download more than one file at a time in IDM, the download speed is reduced. The best option in this situation is to download them one after another. But, it is also possible to wait for a file to complete and then start another one for download. IDM has a good option for this problem. You can move any number of file to the Synchronization Queue, which is a system of downloading the files one after another automatically. To to this task, first mark the downloads on the IDM screen. Then right click on any one of them and click on Move to queue. Then click on Synchronization Queue.
2. Now click on the Scheduler option.
3. A new window will come up. Click on Synchronization Queue.
4. Now click on the second tab named Files in the Queue.
5. Now set Download 1 files at the same time. Then click on Apply button and finally click on Closebutton.
That’s all. Your IDM will now download files at the highest possible speed.
Thanks for reading the post on how to increase IDM Download Speed.