Want to get into the macOS 12 groove? Download the macOS Monterey wallpaper to your Mac, Windows or any computer! Apple has released the first beta of macOS Monterey to registered developers. This allows us to share the default macOS 12 background with you. All you need to do is download the image and set it as your wallpaper!
Download macOS Monterey wallpapers
Right click on the embedded image below and use the ‘Save Image As…’ possibility to download it on your Mac.
Important: The file is either saved in the Downloads folder or on your Office, depending on your computer settings.
How to install macOS Monterey wallpaper
- Open System Preferences, of Dock or Spotlight search.
- Click on Desktop computer and screen saver.
- In the left sidebar, click Files. If the Downloads the folder is not listed, use the ‘+’ sign to add it.
- Browse for the recently downloaded macOS Monterey wallpaper and click on it!
On a Windows computer
- Right click on an empty space on the desk and go for Personalize.
- Click on Background, in the left sidebar.
- On the background screen, go to Browse to select an image from the photos available on your computer.
- Select the recently downloaded macOS Monterey wallpaper and click Choose image.
Advice: You can also locate your file in the downloaded folder, right click on it and use the ‘Set as wallpaper’ option.
Do you like the new macOS Monterey wallpaper or do you prefer the one that comes with Big Sur? Use the comments section and share your comments!
Related: Along with macOS Monterey, Apple also released the iOS 15 Developer Beta. Here’s how to update!