If you are a player, then you probably know Discord. It's a freeware VoIP application mainly used in video game communities. You can use Discord to establish text, video, picture, and audio communications that can be used in a chat channel. Discord is available on just about every platform, including Windows, which makes it highly desirable.
However, some users report issues such as Discord will not open or show a gray screen and will not open, among others. If you are one of those users who can not open Discord, you are in the right place.
In this article, we will delve deeper into this problem, and then we'll explain how to solve your Open Discord problem.
How to fix Discord does not open
Discord sometimes has problems for the Windows version. You try to open it, and it does not open. The screen stays as it is or you get an empty screen. Sometimes you may find that Discord does not open even when you reboot your system and reinstall the application. However, do not be afraid, because there are many ways to correct a discord that does not open.
Let's see them!
1. Repair corrupted system files
Sometimes, the presence of corrupted system files can be the cause of such problems. Thus, it is always advisable to get a tool or an application that can repair corrupted files. You can also solve this problem manually, but you may suffer additional damage if you do not know what you are doing.
- Get a free repair tool such as Reimage Plus, of right here.
- The software is explicit, use it for scan your PC and repair corrupted files.
- Once you do that, the question should be fixed and Discord should work as usual.
2. Kill the Task from the Task Manager
Sometimes, when you run the application, it can start but only in the background, which is why you might not see it running. Let's correct this:
- Open the task manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
- On the ProcessTab tab, search for discord.exe.
- Click on it and select End Task
- You can also find other discord.exe applications in the Process list. Close all.
Now restart the Discord request. It should work perfectly now!
3. Kill the Task using the command prompt
The Task Manager method may not work for some users. This is why you can terminate the process by using the command prompt. Here's how you do it:
- press Windows key + R
- Type cmd and press Enter
- in the command prompt window, type the following and press Enter:
taskkill / F / IM discord.exe
Once discordant request firm, launch the application and Discord should work perfectly now.
4. Use the Web version of discord
You can switch to the discord Web version and use it instead of the application. It works just as well and has been known to solve the problem for a lot of users. To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to Discord Website.
- Click on S & # 39; identify
- Enter your credentials and log in to the app
- Now open the Discord App
5. Clear AppData and Local AppData
If you erase AppData, the problem can be solved and the Discord application will run smoothly. To do this, follow these steps:
- Press the Windows key + R
- Type% appdata% and click OK to enter.
- Locate the Discord folder
- Delete it
Once the folder is deleted, close and run the Discord application again. It should start working perfectly. That's all!
6. Disable the proxy, if applicable
Proxy is a feature that allows you to surf the web from different places. A proxy can sometimes show problems. Because if the proxy server does not respond, you will not be able to connect to Discord. AT disable the proxy, follow the steps below:
- In the search bar, type Control Panel and open it.
- Navigate to the network and the Internet
- Click on Internet Options
- On the Connections tab, tap Network Settings.
- Make sure that Use proxy server for your local network (these settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections) is disabled.
- Click Detect Settings Automatically
Once you have done this, launch the Discord application. It should work perfectly now.
If none of these solutions work, make sure that the Discord and Windows application are up to date with the latest version. After that, reinstall Discord. If it did not work before, the Discord application should work now.
Read also: Fix Disc Mic does not work problem
We hope that by reading this article, you will have an idea of how to solve the problem of discord that is not open for Windows. Discord is an excellent application for communication in the game and we strongly recommend using it. If you have any other doubts Regarding the content of the article or the methods described above, you can leave us a comment below and we will do our best to contact you with a relevant comment. reply.