If you read this article, chances are you have met the Event ID 10016 error in Windows. This error is very common and has been around for quite some time. Many users report having encountered this error. Your Event Viewer does not look too good because of that.
If you are one of those users who is suffering from this annoying and notorious mistake, you have hit the gold mine of items. In this article we will talk about the Event ID 10016 error and look for ways to solve the problem and clean up your Event Viewer.
What is the 10016 Event ID?
Now more often than not, this error has been reported either on the Windows 8 computer systems or those who were upgraded to Windows 10, instead of those who had a new facility. The installer does not replace this particular parameter during the upgrade process, so you are probably experiencing this error.
Do not forget that this is not a big scary mistake that will fill your system or impact on Windows. performance. This will simply clutter your event viewer.
You may have seen the error like this:
How to fix an Event ID 10016 error
Here are some ways to fix event ID 10016 error on Windows 10 and 8.
Method 1: Through the Registry Editor
The most reliable and secure way to fix this event ID 10016 error would be approach a computer professional who knows what they are doing, because the resolution of this problem requires some modifications in your registry. They can solve this problem fairly quickly and you will not have to worry about making mistakes. However, if you want to fix this error yourself, here's how:
- press Windows key + R. In the box, type regedit and hit enter
- Browse the registry to the following location:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Ole
- Now, look for the following keys and, if necessary, delete them. DefaultAccessPermission, DefaultLaunchPermission, MachineAccessRestriction, MachineLaunchRestriction
- Completed! Now, close everything and restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Note: When you delete these 4 keys, DCOM will basically write the default permissions for your system. It will also provide access to all applications requesting to use the DCOM server.
2. Modification of the register
This is another method that can help resolve this error for you. It is longer, but it will also do the job. We will take a look:
- In the description of the event where you can see the error, copy the CLSID. Copy everything, including the braces.
- press Windows key + R and the type regedit. in the registry editor, click on edit so what Find.
- Paste the CLSID that you copied earlier in the search box.
- Under HK_CLASSES_ROOT CLSID you will find it. Make sure the appID matches the one in your error message.
- Now click on beginning and the type PowerShell. Right click and run as administrator.
- in the PowerShell Window Collage the code of this link.
- press Enter. You will see the exit & #39; Done & # 39 ;.
- Now click on beginning research Component Services
- Now go to this location: Component Services – Computers – My Computer – DCOM Configuration
- Find Execution Broker
- Right click above. To select Properties. Find it Application ID under the General tab Make sure it matches with AppID of Error message.
- Now, all we have to do is Correct the permissions. In the properties of Runtime Broker, click Security.
- Click Edit As Launch and Activation Permissions. You will see a warning message regarding unrecognized permissions. Just click on Cancel.
- You will see a list of accounts. Click Add. Type SYSTEM and click Check Names. Select OK and this account will now be added to the list you have seen before.
- Do the same again, click Add and type LOCAL SERVICE.
- Now that both accounts have been added, click on each one at a time. Select the Local launch and Local activation checkboxes under To permit.
And that's all! All you have to do now is to restart your computer and the error should disappear!
We hope that by reading this article you have been able to understand the cause of the error. Event ID 10016 and have been able to easily use the methods described above to fix it. However, we strongly advise you to correct this error by showing it to your local computer / computer expert if you do not want to interfere with the registry. Also, note, make a copy of your registry before following the steps, In case of problem. If you have any other requests Regarding the content of this article, you can leave us a comment below and we will do our best to answer you with a relevant answer. reply.