In iOS 15, you can add any song from Apple Music to memory in Photos! Better yet, the Memories feature suggests a series of assorted tracks based on your listening history and the images highlighted in the collage.
On top of that, Memories has a more interactive interface and offers richer visual effects. You can easily change the cover photo, edit the title, tweak the included media, and much more.
How to change memory in photos
- 1. Open Pictures and press For you.
- 2. Swipe right to reach the Memory you want to edit and tap their card to open it.
- 3. Tap the screen while memory is playing to reveal the controls.
- 4. Press the Music note icon available in the lower left corner of the screen to open Memory Mix.
- 5. The song currently selected for memory is displayed at the bottom of the screen. Swipe right to reveal other suggested songs from Apple Music, as well as their set of visual effects.
- 6. If you are not satisfied with any of the suggestions, press the button. Music note icon with a + above. This brings up the Apple Music card. A list with the Best Suggestions, Songs Play then, tracks Play there and Soundtracks is posted.
- 7. Tap See everything to reveal even more suggestions, or use the Search icon to find your own custom song in the Apple Music library. Check your Reading lists or search by typing the name of the song or artist.
- 8. Tap Made after selecting the song.
How to change the memory song
How to add song from Apple Music to memory
How to manage memory photos
- To easily change the highlighted media in memory, use the three dot icon available in the upper right corner, when viewing a souvenir.
- Tap Manage photos and deselect the images you do not want to include.
- Tap Made when it’s ready.
Advice: To change the name of a memory, use the Change title option available in the same options menu.
How to change the memory thumbnail
If you want to change the cover image of a souvenir, you have to use the grid view:
- While viewing the memory, tap the screen to view the controls.
- Press the grid view icon, available in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Long press the thumbnail of the image you want to set as the main photo.
- To select Make a key photo.
Of course, you need to be an Apple Music subscriber to be able to add your custom songs to Memories! Do you use this feature in Photos? Do you have any questions or suggestions? Feel free to use the comments section!
Related: iOS 15 brings a whole bunch of changes to the Photos app. You can check them out below:
– How to check the EXIF metadata of an image and change its date and time.