Colors make things beautiful. Do you know that you can also add colors to your annoying white and blue documents? By adding colors, themes and fonts, you can personalize your document and make it look modern and more personalized. Windows comes with predefined themes for Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, but you can still create your own custom themes and save them to your PC.
Change document theme colors in Word or Excel
You can select or create a uniform theme for all your documents, for example a Word document, an Excel sheet and your PowerPoint presentation. In this post we will learn how to
- Change the appearance of your document
- Customize a document theme
- Customize document fonts
- Save a document theme
1) Change the appearance of your document
Apply a theme
MS Word has its default theme but you can change it at any time. There is a set of predefined themes in which you can select your favorite theme and apply the changes.
- If you want to change the theme on Excel, go to Page Disposition tab> Themes Themes. If you want to change the theme on MS Word, click on the button Design Taba Themes.
- Select your favorite theme and apply. Each theme has its own unique set of colors, fonts, and effects. Hover over the themes to see the preview on your document. Select the one you like the most.
- If at any point you do not like the selected theme, its colors or fonts, you can go back to the default theme simply by clicking on "Reset to the theme of the template.
The templates are displayed on the menu ribbon.
If you do not like any of the predefined themes, you can customize the given themes and save them as your own theme on your PC.
2) Customize the theme
Select a preset theme and edit colors, fonts, and effects from the main menu. Toolbar.
Select the colors, fonts and effects of your choice and save the theme under your own theme. You can name anything according to your convenience.
To change the colors, click Colors on the ribbon, and then click Customize Colors. A new window will open and you will be able to change the color of the font, the accent, the hyperlink, the hyperlink tracking and the background of the text.
To change the fonts, click Fonts on the ribbon, and then click Customize Fonts. Here you can edit the Heading and body fonts. Select according to your choice and click Save.
To edit the effects, click Effects on the Ribbon, and then click Customize Effects. Select the one you prefer and you're done.
In addition, you can also change the color of the page, the page border, and the watermark from the ribbon itself.
Create as many themes with different color choices as you like and you can then try them on your documents.
All of your custom document themes are saved in the Document Themes folder and are automatically added to the list of custom themes. You can use these themes whenever you want.