Your phone’s memory determines how many videos you can store in the device, how much music you can play at any one time, and how much data you have at your fingertips.
Memory is a pretty big consideration to take when buying yourself a new phone, depending on what you need. But let’s say you bought a phone primarily for its style – that Samsung galaxy s looked way too good on screen to pass – or didn’t pay too much attention to memory specs. You might be wondering now how much space you actually have.
We won’t judge you for not paying so much attention to memory details in the first place. But we’ll explain to you how to check your memory on your Samsung Galaxy S using just a few apps.
Check the memory of your Samsung Galaxy S phone
Finding out how much memory you have on your Galaxy S is actually pretty straightforward. To check your phone’s memory, browse your apps section.
- Go to home screen
- Tap the Apps icon (bottom right)
- Click Settings
- Tap Storage
Here you can view the storage capacity from the SD section or from the device memory. You can find this information by tapping Available. There are various updated apps in the market for this. These included Telephone verification and test, Intelligent manager, Developer options, and Simple systems manager.
Whatever you decide is fine, you just have to Download these and start using them. Let’s talk about how you can do it by following a few simple steps.
Use “Phone Check and Test App” to determine memory
“Phone check and test»Is a great application that many Samsung enthusiasts have used successfully. Have you tried this app before? It is designed to test various features and provide quick results which is great.
You can use “Phone Check and Test” to test the touchscreen, display, WiFi, cellular functionality, audio, camera, GPS, storage, sensors, battery and your phone’s processor. The app performed remarkably well in Galaxy S memory tests. You can use this app to test, monitor, and report many features of your device.
Many find the “Check and Test Phone” feature to be useful for checking a newly purchased phone or tablet, a device that is about to be sold, or needs repair. Additionally, you can use the app to check for a phone that is not performing well. Identifying the problem can help reduce costs.
You can also use it to check device information, memory suggestions, storage suggestions, available internal storage, and primary shared storage. Many Samsung users described the app as well-coded and flawless in performance. Once it has done its job, the test results are instantly displayed on the screen.
If you want to manage the health of your phone, immediately go for “Phone check and test”.
Use the “Smart Manager” application to check the memory of the Galaxy S phone
You can use the Smart Manager app to determine your device’s storage, system efficiency, and RAM capacity. You just need to select a specific feature to check and optimize its status. It is easy to use the Smart Manager on your device. Just follow these simple steps:
- Go to the “Applications” menu
- Click on “Smart Manager”
- Select the menu “Phone storage” and “Memory status”
- Click on it to “optimize your device for memory and storage”.
Once completed, you can access complete information about the memory of your Samsung S device. Additionally, Smart Manager will calculate the amount of space your device uses in its daily function. Since background apps and processes are usually displayed on the screen, you can also view RAM process and capacity details.
How to use “Developer Options app” to check your phone memory status
You can also use the Developer Options application for the same purpose. Here’s how to do it:
- Slide the screen down using two fingers; from the top of the screen
- Click on the “Settings” icon (in the upper right corner of the drop-down menu)
- Open “Settings”
You can also try these steps:
- Go to the app drawer
- Tap the “Settings” app
- Scrolling down, click on “About phone” or “About tablet” (at the bottom of the menu)
- Go to the “Version number” section
- Slide “About phone” until you reach “Build number”
- Click on “Software information” to access the “Version number” section
- Click 7 times on the “Version number”. You will receive a message saying: “You are now a developer!” (at the bottom of the screen). In case it does not appear, repeatedly press “Build number” until it appears
- Click on “Developer options”
- Press “Memory option”
You have finished! You can now access the device memory details.
How to check device storage for Samsung Galaxy S® 5 phone by app
If you are using the Galaxy S 5, there is a simple process to check your phone memory using the app:
- Go to the “Home” screen
- Tap the “Applications” icon (bottom right)
- Click on “Settings”
- Tap “Storage”
- Press “Available” to display the storage capacity from the SD section or from the device memory
Install the “Simple System Monitor” application to check your phone’s RAM
Another method is to install “Simple System Monitor”. It is a fantastic application which gives access to the different aspects of the telephone system. You can even check the RAM capacity of the device using the app. Here’s how to check your phone’s RAM using the app:
- Go to “Play Store”
- Open the image Androidgoogleplay.png
- Tap the search bar
- Type the phrase “Simple System Monitor”
- Click on “Simple System Monitor” (you will find it in the drop-down list of results)
- Press “Install”
- Once you are prompted, “Accept”
- Go back to Google Play Store ”and open the“ Simple System Monitor
Otherwise, try this:
- Click on the Simple System Monitor icon (blue and white on most devices)
- When prompted, press “OK.” You will be taken to the “Simple System Monitor” page
- Click on the “RAM” tab (at the top of the screen)
- Slide your finger on the tabs to the left and display the “RAM” option
You can now check the available and used RAM of your device.
Checking the memory helps you determine whether you have free internal storage space or not. It is easy to determine the memory status on your Samsung Galaxy S phone using the apps listed above.
Download them, follow these simple instructions and you’re done. Since you can access these apps with just the push of a button, it makes your life easier.