You can generate Google documents and Google Sheets PDF Link to directly share PDF versions of these files with others. It is not necessary to manually convert these files to PDF. Read the instructions below to share links to PDF versions of your Google files.
Generate a Google Sheets PDF link via Google Drive
The ubiquity of PDF files and its ability to copy, paste, edit and send easily as a PDF link is what makes it so popular. Few people are aware of this hidden trick of easily sharing your Google documents or Google Sheets as PDF versions. All you need to do for this trick to work is to slightly modify the generated URLs. Here is the trick.
- Select Google Doc or Google Sheet
- Enter the e-mail address of the recipient
- Choose the level of authorization
- Edit the URL
Converting Google Docs or Google Sheets to PDF works best for files you want to share only for viewing rather than editing.
1) Select Google Doc or Google Sheet
Open Google Drive and choose the document you want to share.
Hit the 'Share'Visible in the upper right corner of the screen.
Enter the name or e-mail address of the person to whom you want to send or share the document.
Choose the level of permission (modification, comment, display) you want to grant.
2) Edit the URL
Click & #39;Copy linkIn the sharing zone. Paste the link into your email body.
After pasting the link into the body of your message, simply replace the final part of the URL before sending it.
Position the mouse cursor before the following text edit? usp = sharing and replace it with this new text string export? format = pdf.
Now when the recipient receives the email and click on the link provided. The Google Sheet or Google Doc link you sent opens as a PDF file.
The advantages of using this trick are,
- You can save email storage space and avoid size limits of attachments
- Eliminate the step of re-sharing PDF files or updating PDF links when you edit the source file. The link always returns to the most recent version.
- No need to keep multiple versions of your files, such as a PDF and a source file – all versions are stored in a single file.
I hope you can make this work.