The error code Epson 0x97 appears in Epson printers after a long period of use. It presents itself by displaying an indicator to restart the printer several times. You will usually encounter this problem when you print. Unfortunately, you can not print anything unless this error is resolved.
But do not worry. We have some methods that can help you if this particular mistake raises your head.
What are the causes Error Code Epson 0x97?
This error is a warning when an internal hardware component does not work properly. This can come from nowhere and it is known that this happens on the Epson models wf-3620, wf-4630, wf-3640 and 7610. It is possible that the motherboard itself is damaged and needs to be replaced. In truth, you can not do much in the event of a hardware component failure. However, you can always try these troubleshooting tips to make sure your printer should be able to work again.
How can you fix the Epson 0x97 error?
These steps are the best way to fix your printer yourself. Consulting your printer manual is a very good idea when you want to deal with the error yourself.
1. Unplug and connect your printer
- Step 1: You will need to turn off your printer and disconnect all cables.
- Step 2: You must also remove the printer housing to check for debris. Clean it if you can find it.
- Step 3: Remove all the ink cartridges.
- Step 4: Once all this is done, press and hold the power button for a few seconds. This discharges any residual power into the machine.
- Step 4: Replace the ink cartridges.
- Step 5: Reconnect any cables that you previously removed. Turn the printer back on and see if the error persists.
2. Alternate way to unplug and plug in your printer
If the first method does not suit you, try it and see if it works. It's sort of an opposite way of doing things compared to the first method.
- Step 1: Turn off the printer and unplug the power and USB cables. Wait about five minutes to allow the printer to cool down.
- Step 2: Now, press and hold the power button for more than sixty seconds, but do not leave it until the end of step 3.
- Step 3: Plug in the power cable (while holding down the power button) and hold it down for more than sixty seconds. Reconnect everything and turn it on to see if the error is resolved now.
3. Use the convenience store
Microsoft offers a publicly available Windows printer troubleshooting tool. You can Download and run it as an administrator to solve common printing problems.
4. Update the firmware
If you visit the Epson support page, they will help you update the firmware of your printer. Just download the file and run it. Apparently, this has corrected a ton of printers.
5. Clean the nozzles of the printer
This method can be a little risky and requires technical knowledge. You should probably have your manual with you at this point.
Sometimes a waste of ink around the main nozzle may be causing the Epson 0x97 error code. You will need a paper towel and an ammonia-based agent to clean it. To make it as safe as possible, read the instructions below.
- Step 1: Turn off and unplug all cables from the printer.
- Step 2: Open the printer case and move the head toward the center.
- Step 3: Wet the paper towel with the detergent and fold it so that it slides under the printer.
- Step 4: Leave it for 12 hours then remove the towel and close the printer.
- Step 5: Connect all the hardware and turn it on to see if it still prints without error
6. Telephone assistance
If everything has failed so far, it's time to call in experts. Your printer probably needs a hardware replacement. In most cases, the motherboard is to blame. If you still have your warranty, your printer will be replaced in a few weeks. If you do not do this, you may need to spend some money on repairs or get a new printer.
Customer Support No. 1800 425 0011. You can find out more right here.
Here. These are the six methods that you can try to fix the epson 0x97 error code. Epson really provides quality material, but sometimes they can have problems. I hope you have found the fix for your mistake. If you have any doubts about any of the above steps, please let us know in the comments. We will be happy to clarify it.