Windows 10 often encounters Blue Screen of Death errors. There are several other death screens that a Windows machine can cope with. the White screen on Windows is also an error where the screen of the computer turns white and freezes. Sometimes this happens even when you start your computer. This leaves very little room for the user to solve this problem. However, there are still ways to resolve this problem on your computer.
Blank screen on laptop or Windows computer monitor
Several factors can cause the white screen to appear on the Windows monitor of the notebook. But the main problem could be due to a malfunction of the graphics hardware. The following fixes will help you repair the white screen on a Windows computer:
- Check the hardware of the graphics card manually
- Update or reinstall the graphics card driver
- Run Hardware Troubleshooting.
1) Check the hardware of the graphics card manually
You can try to clean the dust of components such as the graphics card from the computer. I would recommend using a small fan or scrubbing the components with a soft cloth. Be careful not to damage parts with moisture or damage circuits when performing this task. Check if it is not already physically damaged.
Be sure to do this very carefully because even a slight bruise can keep your computer running and cause you financial costs.
If you are unsure of yourself, you can ask a qualified technician to do it for you.
2) Update or reinstall the graphics card driver
If you can start normally, you may need to start in Safe Mode to perform this task.
To update the graphics driver:
- Open the prompt (Win + R) and type devmgmt.msc.
- Press Enter to open the Device Manager window.
- Develop the list of Screen shots and right-click on the graphics card driver.
- To select Update the driver.
Restart the system when finished and see.
You can also consider downloading the display drivers from the manufacturer's website and installing them. There are several ways to update the drivers in Windows 10.
3) Run the hardware problem-solving utility
Again, if you manage to start normally, you may need to start in Safe Mode to perform this task.
The hardware and device troubleshooting utility looks for changes and issues related to hardware connections and associated drivers. This fixes the problems of possible.
- Click Start and go to Settings> Updates and Security> Troubleshoot
- Select the hardware and device troubleshooting utility from the list and run it.
- Restart the system when done.
I hope something here helps you.