Did you know that you can get iMessages on PC? We neither. At least not before, user RinoxITA posted a workaround on Reddit, which lets you use iMessages on any computer running Windows 10.
All you have to do is install the Dell Mobile Connect app on your home computer and iPhone. Pair your Apple smartphone and PC and start sending and receiving messages right on your Windows 10 PC.
Tower: the Dell Mobile Connect The software is normally only available for Dell PCs, but there is a workaround in the step-by-step guide available below to download it to any Windows 10 PC!
How to use iMessages on PC
Use this step by step tutorial and you will be able to get iMessages on your Windows 10 machine:
I. Install Dell Mobile Connect on any Windows PC
Made: If you have a Dell PC, you can grab the app directly from the built-in Windows Store.
- 1. Activate developer mode in Windows 10: Open Settings on your PC and search for Update & Security. Click For Developers and turn on Developer Mode.
Made: This allows you to download .APPX files from any location and install them on your Windows 10 PC. Otherwise, you can only install Dell Mobile Connect from the Windows store if you have a Dell PC.
- 2. Download Dell Mobile Connect: Click on here and download the Dell app (an .appx package).
- 3. Double click on the downloaded file to Install it.
- 4. Click on, Yes to give permission and authorize the installation.
- 1. Open the Microsoft Store: Using a web browser on your Windows 10 computer, click here.
- 2. Use the Add to cart option.
Important: Do not use blue Get button. You will be invited with the “This application is not compatible with this device” Mistake.
- 3. Sign in to the Microsoft account (or create one from scratch) and complete the checkout process.
- 4. Follow the onscreen instructions to download and install the Dell Mobile Connect app.
II. Download Dell Mobile Connect on iPhone
After installing the app on your Windows 10 PC, grab your iPhone and get the iOS version of the same app:
How? ‘Or’ What: Open the App Store and tap TO HAVE. (Direct link). Open the app
Made: You can use the same trick with Android devices. Dell Mobile Connect app is also available in Google Play store.
III. Connect computer to iPhone
- 1. Open Dell Mobile Connect on your iOS device.
- 2. Give the app the requested permissions for Contacts, Pictures (you can choose Select Photos, new iOS 14 feature, and share a single photo, just to configure the app). You must also allow the app to run in the background and keep Bluetooth connectivity active.
- 3. A code for your Dell Mobile Connect app on PC is generated and displayed on the screen.
- 4. Enter the Bluetooth pairing code on the Dell app, on your computer and you’re good to go!
Made: Receiving and dialing calls on your Windows 10 PC is also supported!
Limitations of iMessages on the computer
If you are using the Dell Mobile Connect app to send and receive iMessages on a computer, you will need to accept the following shortcomings:
– iMessage stickers are not supported.
– Do not disturb mode is only partially available.
– The iPhone battery might drain a bit faster, as there will always be background Bluetooth connectivity between your iOS device and your computer.
Are you planning to use iMessage on your PC? Let us know in the comments section available below. Don’t hesitate to ask for additional help if needed!
Related: How to use iMessages on an Android smartphone!