Steps to print documents with an Android device
The process will require the setup of Google Cloud Print on your Android device as well as on your PC. For your convenience, this guide has been separated into different sections, one for the PC and the other for Android devices. Another important point to note is that your printer must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your PC.
Set up Google Cloud Print on your PC
In order to print all documents using an Android device, the first step is to add a printer to the Google Cloud Printing service. Let's see how this could be done:
- Open the Google Chrome browser.
- Click on the 3 vertical points present at the top right.
- Then go to settings and scroll down. Click on Advanced.
- Scroll down until you reach the Impression option.
- Click on Google Cloud Print.
- Then click on Manage Cloud Print devices.
- A new tab named features will be open. Now, Google will list all printers available on this Wi-Fi network.
- Select the printer you want to add and click Add printers.
- The printer will now be automatically added to your Google Account and you will see the same thing in the Cloud Printing app.
So we covered the first part of the guide on printing documents using an Android device. We will now configure the Cloud Printing application on your Android device. Refer to the section below for the same.
We have compiled a list of great hacks for Android devices that do not require root privileges. Do not forget to check them!
https://www.droidviews.com/android-hacks-dont-need-root-even- While-thought /
Configuring the Cloud Printing application on an Android device
Most Android devices are already preinstalled with the Google Cloud Print. If you do not have it, simply download it from the Play Store. Once you have it installed, follow the instructions below:
- Open any document for which you want to print using your Android device.
- Access the menu options (usually represented by three vertical dots or three horizontal lines).
- Select the Impression option.
- Then, from the drop-down menu at the top, choose your printer. If your printer is still not visible, you can add it by pressing All printers then selecting the Add a printer option.
- That's all! You have successfully printed an image using your Android device.
Print on Google Drive (Save as PDF)
If you do not have printers or if they are not on the same Wi-Fi network as your PC, do not worry. Google also has something to offer you. You can still save these documents as a PDF file on Google Drive. The same goes for the Android device. If no printers are added and you click the Print option, you will be able to save the document to Google Drive or locally to your device, in PDF format, from the drop-down menu.
With this, we conclude the guide on how to print documents using Android devices. If you do not understand any of the steps, please let us know in the comments section below.
Read more: Enable gesture navigation on Google Chrome for Android