Are you looking for a way to remove the green dot from Earth wallpaper without losing focus on your location? Love the new astronomy lock screen on iPhone but want to get rid of the green dot that shows your current position on the globe?
Green dot on wallpaper in iOS 16?
This question was raised by Karter:
“Can I get rid of the green dot on the Astronomy wallpaper?”
This is a new lock screen option introduced in iOS 16. The wallpaper is called Astronomy and shows you can choose to display planet Earth, Earth details, Moon, details of the Moon and our solar system on the home and lock screen.
The Earth and Earth Detail wallpapers also display a green dot, to indicate your position on the globe. Indeed, it can become a distraction while navigating your lock screen.
How to remove green dot from earth wallpaper
Luckily, there’s a setting that lets you keep the wallpaper centered on your location without showing the green dot.
You have probably tried disabling location access for the Astronomy app. In effect, this will prevent the green dot from displaying, but it will also lose focus from your current location on the Earth map.
Here’s what to do to get both:
- 1. Open Settings and scroll to Privacy and Security.
- 2. Opt for Location Services -> Astronomy.
- 3. Select Ask next time or when I share.
- 4. Return to the lock screen and touch and hold the screen to allow Edit menu.
- 5. Swipe to the Astronomy wallpaper (if not already selected) and tap Personalize.
- 6. Take Lock screen.
- seven. Picking out Allow oncein the Allow Astronomy to use your approximate location appear.
Have you successfully removed the green dot on the iPhone wallpaper? Do you have any other questions or issues to report? Share your impressions in the comments!
Related: For more iOS 16 tips and tricks, check out our How To section!