If you say goodbye to your iPhone or iPad, erasing all content is a good option. To reset your iPhone is an option of last resort and you should only take in exceptional circumstances like when you sell the device or if you are sure that nothing else will fix any problem you are having with the & #39; 39; device. If your device does not respond or if your iPhone is frozen, you may want to consider a hardware restart instead. This will restart your iPhone without erasing the data. But if you know that resetting your iOS device is the only option, here's how to proceed and restore the original state.
It's actually pretty easy to reset your iPhone if you follow the steps below. But before doing that, we strongly recommend that you make a full backup of your iPhone or iPad. Once you have done this and you understand that this step will erase everything on your iOS device without the possibility of recovery, check out this guide.
How to reset the iPhone
- Navigate to Settings > General > Reset .
- Here you will see several options. To reset your iPhone or iPad, the option you want to select calls Clear All Content and Settings .
- You may see a prompt asking you to update your iCloud backup before you delete it. You must press Save and then delete .
- If you do not want to update your iCloud backup, press Clear Now .
- You will see the same option one more time and will have to enter your password. Once you do these things, you will be able to reset your iPhone or iPad.
If you do not want to completely reset your iPhone or iPad, you can simply reset some things such as device settings, network settings, keyboard, screen layout, and more. home, and location and privacy. All these options will appear under Parameters > General > Reset .
How to reset the iPhone or iPad in the factory using iTunes
If your iPhone is unusable for any reason, you can also reset the factory settings via iTunes. These steps will help you restore your iPhone or iPad to the factory settings via iTunes on your PC or Mac.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to a PC or Mac and open iTunes.
- Wait until the device icon appears iTunes. It will appear under the play / pause button. Once it appears, click on it.
- It may be that you are asked to enter the password and indicate if you want to "Trust this computer" on your iPhone or iPad. Make sure to trust the computer once the password is entered.
- Now on iTunes on your computer, click on the Restore iPhone … button
- Click on the Restore pop-up button to start to reset your iOS device to the factory settings.