Are you looking for a way to stop Facebook background app activity on iPhone? Have you disabled permission in settings, but Facebook keeps running in the background and drains your iOS device’s battery?
Facebook background activity issue
This unexpected behavior was reported by Omar:
“Seeing heavy background activity on Facebook even though background app refresh is turned off! anyone else?”
We found several more reports on Reddit:
“Facebook background activity too high”
and another user showing 4 hours and 45 minutes of background use:
“Why is Facebook’s background usage so high?”
Are you encountering the same problem? Confirm the issue in the comments please!
How to Stop Facebook Background Activity
Mashable Reports that Facebook and Instagram still track iPhone users secretly, although permission is denied in Setting!
- 1. Open Settings -> General -> Background App Refresh.
- 2. Scroll to Facebook and make sure the switch is switch off.
Point: To be even more careful, you can completely disable background app refresh on your iPhone.
2. Ask the app not to track
- Open Settings -> Privacy and Security -> Tracking.
- To research Facebook under the Apps that asked to follow section and make sure permission is not allowed!
Do: as mentioned above, this might not be enough because Meta has found a loophole and continues to track your iPhone even without your consent.
3.Facebook with Safari
- Open Facebook in Safari and log into your Facebook account.
- Use the Share icon and press Add to home screen to create a shortcut to your Facebook timeline on your iPhone home screen for easy access.
- Delete Facebook App from iPhone.
Do: The downside of this workaround is that if you’re administering Facebook pages, you won’t be able to do so from the browser version.
4. Update to iOS 16
It appears that most users are experiencing unauthorized Facebook background activity in iOS 15. Apple may have patched additional flaws used by Meta to track iPhone users in the new OS.
We recommend updating to iOS 16 if you haven’t already!
Did you manage to fix the Facebook background activity issue? Do you have a better solution? Share your feedback in the comments.
Related: Check out the new Facebook widgets for the redesigned iOS 16 lock screen!