Microsoft OneNote This means you do not have to buy a commercial copy of the Office suite or pay an Office 365 subscription to take notes with OneNote. OneNote is a digital notebook that automatically records and syncs your notes while you work. With OneNote, you can perform actions such as:
- Enter information in your notebook or insert it from other applications and web pages.
- Take handwritten notes or draw your ideas.
- Use highlighting and tags for easy tracking.
- Share notebooks to collaborate with others.
- Access your notebooks from any device.
OneNote has a multi-level organization system, namely; Notebooks, sections, and Notes. By default, you start with one notebook, but you can create several. OneNote pages are designed to be free-form templates. You can highlight, draw, type text, pinch and zoom. If you prefer your work to be sparse, OneNote can be used for quick lists or to keep track of the tasks you have to complete. It can become a repository of the articles you need for research. There is also a collaboration element because you can share notebooks with a team.
If you are a student, you can organize the notebooks by class or by project. If you plan to use OneNote to take light notes, you can use a single notebook and divide your items into different sections. There is also a useful search function that groups all your notes. We've already looked at some of the useful features of OneNote and the basics of using it. – Let's see now how to use it effectively.
How to use OneNote effectively
This tutorial will show you how to take notes with OneNote and use it effectively for college, university, professional, etc., under Windows 10. Some programs can solve your math equations, record audio, and embed videos. online. OneNote could be the digital notebook that you did not know needed.
To begin, you will need to launch the OneNote application. To do this, click Start, type a note, select the application in the result.
You will be presented with a To start window already connected with the Microsoft account that you used to connect to your Windows 10 PC. You can change the account to another if you want. This ensures that your notes are saved in the cloud and can be synchronized with all your other devices.
Now click on the Start button and the app opens, allowing you to take notes.
From there, you can type notes, write notes, convert handwritten notes to text, and even record audio notes.
Type a note
- Click or tap anywhere on the page and start typing. All your work is saved automatically.
Move a note
- Drag the top of the content area where you want on the page.
Resize a note
- Drag the side of the content area to resize it.
- You can write notes by hand with a mouse, a stylus, or a finger. To select Draw, select a pen and start writing.
Convert handwriting to text
- To choose Select objects or type text or Lasso selection.
- Draw a circle around the text and select Ink in text.
You can now edit the text the same way you edit your typed text.
Use OneNote to record audio notes
- Click or tap the page, and then select Insert > l & #39; Audio. OneNote immediately starts recording.
- To complete the recording, select stop.
- To listen to the recording, press the button To play or double-click on the audio recording.
Watch the video below for a quick demo on note taking with OneNote.
If you're new to OneNote, it's essential to explore its many features and take the time to create a workflow that's right for you.
There are tons of OneNote Tutorials here on this site, and you will particularly like these two:
- OneNote tips and tricks
- OneNote productivity tips.