Apple has integrated the Shazam app into iOS 14. Since the release of iOS 14.2, iPhone owners can use new music recognition function. This new option is quickly accessible thanks to a new Shazam toggle that can be added to the Control Center.
Musical recognition turns your iPhone into an instant song id. What makes this new feature even greater is that your device is now able to recognize music playing in apps as well, this way you can quickly find a theme song from your favorite game or workout app. !
How to Add Shazam Music Recognition in Control Center
- 1. Open the Settings app on your iOS or iPadOS device.
- 2. Press Control center.
- 3. Scroll for the ‘More controls’ section.
- 4. Press the ‘+’ icon available next to Musical recognition.
Point: You can drag and drop the music recognition tag to a higher position in the ‘Controls included’. The larger the list, the more it will be displayed in the Control Center.
How to use music recognition
- Slide your finger from the top right corner of the screen towards open the control center, whenever you want to know which song is playing nearby, in an app. It even works when you’re wearing your AirPods.
Point: IPhone models with the home button display the Control Center when users swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the Shazam Music recognition switch and give your device some time to listen and analyze.
- The song name and artist are displayed in a banner notification, which slides off the top of the screen. Tap on it to open the track in the Apple Music app. If no action is taken, the banner is automatically retracted.
Made: If the music is not loud enough, you can also “No results – We found nothing.” banner notification.
Music recognition is not in the control center?
Please note that this new iOS 14 feature was not available in the initial release. The music recognition toggle is only available if you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 14.2 or later!
Do you like this new music recognition feature? We find it very reliable and the fact that it works in apps is a great upgrade, compared to the classic Shazam app.
Related: Did you know that you can hum a song, and Google search will likely find out which track is stuck in your mind?