When it's time to create a slide show, Microsoft PowerPoint is at the top of the list each time. However, if you do not have an Office subscription and want to create a simple slideshow of pictures for a school or office project, you can check it out. free slide show creator for Windows 10/8/7 called PhotoFilmStrip. You do not need extensive knowledge or a lot of time to familiarize yourself with this creator of portable image slideshows.
PhotoFilmStrip Slideshow Creator
Although you can not get the same number of features or options as Microsoft PowerPoint or Icecream Slideshow Maker in this tool, you can see all the essential options to make an attractive presentation.
Speaking of the specific features of PhotoFilmStrip, these are:
- Aspect ratio: You can play with the proportions so that the result matches the screen on which you want to display the presentation or slide show.
- Effect: If you want to add a black and white or sepia effect, you can get a built-in option. This option is useful when you do not have a dedicated image editor like GIMP.
- Transition: Transition is an integral part of slideshows and you can add this element when using PhotoFilmStrip. However, you can only find the "Fade" and "Roll" transitions.
- Chronology: A calendar is needed for convenient access, and you can find an intuitive timeline in this app where you can place all images, add transitions, effects, and more.
- The music: You may not want to add music to your desktop project, but sometimes you have to do it to get rid of boredom. PhotoFilmStrip allows you to add music from your computer.
- 4K output: Only a few slideshow creators allow you to process the presentation in 4K resolution. Nevertheless, you can export the slideshow in 4K format with the help of this software.
There are other options and features that you can find when using it on your computer.
Download and use PhotoFilmStrip on Windows
To start using PhotoFilmStrip, follow these steps:
- Download from the official website
- Extract the contents of the .zip file
- Open the executable file
- Import an image and make the required changes
- Export the slideshow.
First, you need to download this software to your computer. As mentioned earlier, you do not need to install it because of portability. After downloading, you must extract the .zip file and double-click on the PhotoFilmStrip.exe file to open the tool.
When you start it for the first time, you must create a new project. To do this, click on the corresponding button on your screen and enter the name of the project, the location where you want to save the project and the proportions.
Then you need to import all the images you want to include in your slideshow. Therefore, you can find effects, movements, transitions, etc. To add music, you have to click on the melody icon located in the top menu bar and choose a song on your computer.
After adding all things, you have to click on the button Rendering of the film button, which is the last option in the top menu bar. It will ask you to choose a format and a resolution. Do not select your desired options, and click on the beginning button to start rendering.
If you wish, you can download PhotoFilmStrip from official site. It is also available on Microsoft Store.