1. 4 methods to turn off the Galaxy Note 10
Galaxy Note 10 devices do not have a dedicated hardware key that is usually located to the right of Galaxy devices. By pressing the side key now, you simply turn off the screen. If you try to hold down the side key, Samsung Bixby will be launched by default. By using the side key, you can restart your Note 10 if it is off. But the question is how to turn off your phone then?
Well, you can open the Power menu of your Galaxy Note 10 Plus in 4 different ways. We check them all.
- Drag the Quick Panel, download it, and tap the Power icon.
- Simultaneously press and hold Volume Down + Side.
- Start Bixby and say "Turn off the phone" in Bixby.
- Remap the side key to open the power menu, as described in the next tip below.
Related: How to start Galaxy Note 10 in download and recovery modes
2. Use the side key to access the power menu, launch applications and a camera.
With the Galaxy Note 10, Samsung has removed the usual power button on the right side of the device. The Bixby button on the left side can now be customized to open the Power menu, launch the Camera application or any application installed on your Galaxy Note 10 or Note 10 Plus. Let's see how to remap the sidebar of the Galaxy Note 10 without third-party application.
- Open the Quick Panel and press the button Power as described above.
- When the power menu is started, press the button Side key settings option.
- On the Side Key Settings screen, you can customize actions related to side keys such as Double tap and Press and hold.
- You can open Bixby, quickly launch the camera, or have the side key open another application or launch the Google Assistant by double-clicking it. As you can see on the screen capture, I selected the Samsung Health app for the side keyboard shortcut on my Note 10 Plus.
3. Access the Galaxy Note 10 service menu
All Android devices have a hidden service menu that allows you to check and calibrate hardware modules such as display, vibration, sensors, and more. You can access the Galaxy Note 10 service mode menu by entering one of the following codes: * # 2263 # and * # 0 * #.
4. Learn about air commands and customize aerial actions
The Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10 Plus come with a more powerful S-Pen that supports some new preset commands and gestures. If you do not know all the available air commands, you can know them and even customize the S-Pen gestures according to your choice.
- Open settings on your Galaxy Note 10 then go to Advanced Features> S Pen> Aerial Actions.
- You can find the general controls of the S Pen here and you can also customize the S-Pen gestures for the available applications by pressing the application icons.
- Under S Pen Settings, you can customize various other things. You can even map the S Pen button to launch your favorite application.
5. Enjoy a longer battery backup on note 10
The Samsung Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10 Plus come with an effective battery that can last all day. However, if you think that your phone's battery is not functioning satisfactorily, you have some small changes to make.
- Open Settings> Device Maintenance.
- Press the Battery icon then select Feeding mode.
- Activate optimized battery saving profile and Adaptive energy saving option for a balance between performance and battery life.
- There are some adjustments that you should try to live better. Go to Settings> Device Maintenance> Battery and press the 3-point menu icon in the top right corner of the screen. Open the battery settings and enable options such as Adaptive battery, Put unused applications on standby, Automatically disable unused applications, and Optimize settings. You can add this app that you do not want to run in the background under Sleep apps listing.
To get even more juice out of your Note 10's battery, you activate Maximum energy saving. Keep in mind that enabling this setting will disable background data and the display will always be enabled, limit CPU usage, and reduce the resolution of the display. ;screen. If you want an even longer battery, you can also try the Emergency mode function of the power menu.
6. Customize a UI Home Home Launcher on Galaxy Note 10
Personally, I prefer to use Nova Launcher Prime, because it allows me to customize the home screen of my phone and the application drawer in a surprising way. However, if you like the One UI home launcher of your Note 10, here are some tips for customizing it.
- Tap and hold any blank space on the Home screen of your Note 10.
- To select Home screen settings.
- From here, you can change the size of the application grid on the home screen and application tray of your phone, customize application notification badges, and enable the swipe gesture to open the notification panel. .
- In addition, there is another setting that will help you use a cleaner application drawer, called Hide apps. This option allows you to hide applications that you do not want to display on your app's screen.
I will recommend you to get a third-party launch application at home. Read our detailed article to find the best Android launcher app for your note 10.
7. Customize the dashboard and edge lighting of the note 10.
Samsung Galaxy devices have a feature called Edge Panel that has been around for years. This is a shortcut tray on the right side of the screen. If you are not a new Samsung user, you will not even find this interesting tip. However, if the Galaxy Note 10 or Note 10 Plus is your first Samsung phone, you need to customize the Edge Panel to access your favorite apps and some handy tools such as flashlight, ruler, compass, surface, weather conditions in real time and even launch two applications at the same time.
- Open Settings> Display> Edge Display.
- You can enable and customize the dashboards and edge lighting (color, width, animation, etc.) from here.
8. Enjoy really full screen videos on Netflix, Prime Video and more
The 6.8-inch Samsung Galaxy Note 10 or Note 6+ 6.8-inch Dynamic AMOLED display is ideal for watching videos and bingeing on Netflix TV shows. I am addicted to Netflix and Prime Video and when ordering my Note 10 Plus, I wanted to enjoy Netflix in full screen and Prime Video. However, when I got my phone and played Netflix, I noticed that it was not playing in full screen, the area of the camera became black. If you want to enjoy brightly-colored and truly full-screen video, follow these tips.
- Open Settings> Display> Screen Mode and select bright.
- Go back to the display settings and press the button Full screen applications option. Scroll through applications such as Prime Video, Netflix, YouTube, etc., and then tap it. Change the display mode of car at Full screen.
- To further enhance your video viewing experience, you can enable Video amplifier option under Advanced features.
9. View the battery percentage on the status bar
All Android devices have a feature that allows you to view the battery percentage on the device status bar. It's really helpful because it's easy to keep an eye on the exact level of the battery. This feature is not enabled by default on Samsung Galaxy devices. You just have to activate it.
- Go to Settings> Notifications> Status Bar.
- On the next page, activate View battery percentage option.
10. 3 ways to take screenshots
You can capture a screen capture on any Android device by pressing the Volume and Power buttons at the same time. This method allows you to take screenshots on your Galaxy Note 10, but you can also capture the screen of your phone in two ways.
- Hold the Power + Volume keys for simultaneously.
- Drag the side of your hand from left to right on your phone's display.
- Take out the S-Pen and select the Smart selection option. Now you can capture all or part of your device's screen using the tools square, rectangle, circle and free drawing.
11. Activate Smart Contextual View
You must know the chat heads of Facebook Messenger. You can enjoy similar notification bubbles from any application of your Galaxy Note 10. Samsung calls it Smart View Pop-up. It works with all applications that support the multi-window. When you receive a notification from the selected application, you have a bubble on the screen that types, which launches a small interactive pop-up window.
- Go to Settings> Advanced Features.
- Activate Smart pop-up window and select the applications for which you want bubble notifications.
12. Link Galaxy Note 10 to a Windows PC
Want to view images of your Galaxy Note 10 on your PC? Do you want to have messages from your phone, notifications on your Windows PC? Why not reproduce the screen of your note 10 on your computer? Sounds good, does not it? All of these things are possible using the Link to Windows feature. To seamlessly connect your Note 10 to your Windows 10 PC, you must install Your phone app by Microsoft on your PC. You must be logged in to your Microsoft account. You can easily enable this feature from Link to Windows shortcut in the quick panel.
13. Activate the camera with zoom-in-mic and record 4K videos
The Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10 Plus come with a professional quality camera. One of the features of the camera introduced with the Galaxy Note 10 is the built-in zoom lens that allows you to zoom in when you zoom in on a subject while recording videos.
- Just open the camera app.
- Tap the Settings icon in the upper left corner of the screen.
- To select Advanced recording options and allow Zoom-in-mic.
- To record videos in 4K quality, press Rear video size under The camera settings.
- On the next screen, press Resolution and select UHD (60 ips) 3840 x 2160.
14. Enjoy the Caraousal screen background with dynamic lock screen
It's a really interesting feature for those who like to automatically change the screen backgrounds of different categories on the lock screen of your device. The dynamic lock screen feature adds a refreshing look to your Galaxy Note 10's lock screen by changing wallpapers for certain categories such as Landscape, Life, Food, Pets, and Art. The wallpaper is changed each time you lock your phone. Let's see how to make this feature work.
- Open Settings> Display> Dynamic Lock.
- You can also access the settings of the dynamic lock screen by sliding the lock screen of your Note 10 from right to left.
- You must now download the wallpapers packs of your favorite categories. Once the screen packs are downloaded, you are ready to go.
- If you do not want a specific wallpaper to be displayed on the lock screen, tap the 3-dot icon and select Hide this image option.
15. Disable the Screen Capture toolbar
Just after taking a screenshot, we see the Screen Capture toolbar that stays on the screen for a few seconds. Although this toolbar is handy if we take scrolling screenshots, some people may find it annoying. If you're one of those, you can easily disable the Capture toolbar on your Galaxy Note 10.
- Open Views> Advanced Features.
- Tap Screen capture and screen recorder and turn off Toolbar Screen Capture switch.
16. Save the screen of your Galaxy Note 10 as a pro
Your Galaxy Note 10 allows you to record events and activities on your phone's screen in a very professional way. You can easily start recording with a countdown of 3 seconds after pressing the Screen Recorder toggle in the Quick Settings panel. The Galaxy Note 10 screen recorder has very neat features that give it a professional touch. You can record on-screen dumb videos, videos with system sound and also record sounds from the device and turn on the mic. In addition, you can also write to the screen using the S Pen Pen and even add a selfie video. Check out the screenshots.
17. Group your photos with tags
As the owner of a phone with an impressive camera configuration and generous internal storage, you will always be tempted to click as many times as possible on many photos. If you want to see the images of a person, a place, an hour or a mood, it can be tedious to scroll through your gallery to find them all. The image marking feature on the Galaxy Note 10 creates collections of similar images based on the optical character recognition and labels you have assigned. When you need to view these collections, simply type the tag in the search field of the Gallery application.
- To add labels to your images, open an image in the gallery.
- Swipe up to see the details of the image and press the button edit option.
- Now, tap the Edit Tags option and add your tags to the image and save it.
Try it and you'll find one of the best tips for Galaxy Note 10 Plus.
18. Quickly access the brightness control bar
Usually, we need to scan the Quick Settings panel to the bottom to access the brightness adjustment slider. If you have a Samsung Galaxy device, you can move the brightness bar upward to access it faster.
- Drag the Quick panel.
- Tap the down arrow icon on the right side of the brightness adjustment bar and turn on the Show Control Up option.
19. Convert handwriting to text
One of the new enhancements to S-Pen is a feature that magically converts your handwriting into text. After the conversion, you can export this text to a Word or PDF document. Simply open Samsung Notes and write anything using the S Pen Pen. Then tap the handwriting icon on the bottom bar.
In addition to this, the Samsung Keyboard application has a writing pad where you can write anything using the S Pen Pen and whatever you type will be converted to text. You can activate the handwriting tool by pressing the 3-point horizontal icon of the Samsung keypad and selecting Writing.
20. Annex Blue Light Filter
The Samsung Galaxy Note 10's Dynamic AMOLED display is a feast for the eyes. However, watching the screen of your phone all day can tire your eyes. Turning the blue light filter turns adds a yellowish hue to the display. Although it soothes the eyes, it can also be irritating if you use it all the time. That's why it's wiser to program it.
- Open the Quick settings sign.
- Tap and hold Blue light filter icon.
- Activate Turn on as expected option.
- Then press Custom Calendar and set the start and end time.
21. Galaxy Note 10 Headset Control Tips
I wanted to wrap my article after the 20th Galaxy Note 10 tip. However, I suddenly realized that I was missing at least a very helpful tip, especially for those who use the stereo headset that came with the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10 Plus. We all know the basic controls of the headphones, which consist of increasing and decreasing the volume of the music and pausing and playing the music.
You can do more with the control buttons on your Samsung earpiece.
- Volume +: Turn up the volume.
- Volume –: Decrease the volume.
- Central control button:
- Single press: Play / pause music
- Long support: Start Google Assistant or Bixby
- Double tap: Play the next song
- Triple press: Play the previous song
Finally, it's time to finish my article on the Galaxy Note 10 Plus tips and reviews before it gets too long. I know there are more things I should have mentioned here, but I took great care in choosing the tips, features, and tips that will help you use your Galaxy Note 10 or Note 10 Plus more effectively.