It is possible to add every member of your family to what Windows offers as a Microsoft family. These accounts can be added seamlessly to the computer without creating it manually, like other accounts. However, sometimes, Windows 10 can give an error by saying "We can not connect to the Microsoft family at the moment. Your family on this device may not be up to date.." or "We can not connect to the Microsoft family at the moment. Your family device may not be up to date.". Here's how to solve this problem.
We can not connect to the Microsoft family at the moment. Your family on this device may not be up to date.
The error appears under Settings> Accounts> Family and other accounts. Here you can choose to add members and allow them to connect. But instead, you get an error stating that Windows can not connect to Microsoft Family. I think this happens because Windows 10 can not associate the current account with Microsoft Family. If you experience this problem, try the following suggestions:
- Use a Microsoft account
- Switch the Microsoft account locally and return to the Microsoft account or add another Microsoft account
- Run the Microsoft Account Troubleshooter.
1) Use a Microsoft account
When you try to access this feature with a local administrator account, the error will be generated. The local account is not associated with a Microsoft account, so the error becomes obvious. You must convert the local account to a Microsoft account, and then add your family.
2) Switch the Microsoft account to local and back to the Microsoft account or add another Microsoft account
It's the same as above, but if your Microsoft account has the same problem, you have a choice.
- Switch the current account to local, and then to the Microsoft account.
- You can also add another Microsoft account, which is also the parent of the Family account, then add and then use that account to add other family members.
3) Run the Microsoft Account Problem Solver
You can try the Microsoft Account Problem Solver and see if it helps you.
In the end, there is no network problem or Windows reboot. This is something related to the Microsoft account that has a problem.