Plus, all of these add-ons work in Gmail itself. You do not need to open an additional website or download an application for it. If that's not all, many of them also work very well with the Gmail app. This will give you a consistent experience on both platforms. Follow the instructions below to try these Gmail extensions on the desktop as well as on the Gmail Android app. If you are here, do not forget to check out 7 Gmail tips for Android that you should know about.
Browse and install add-ons or Gmail extensions
Before installing these Gmail add-ons, keep one thing in mind. Adding them to your Gmail account will allow them to read (and, in some cases, edit / edit) your emails. Proceed with caution and install them only if they are of primary importance. In addition, each add-on has notes and reviews associated with them. Be sure to go through them before installing any of these add-ons.
In addition, the guide below has been written using the PDF Filler add-on as a reference. However, the process of installing and using one of the available Gmail add-ons would be the same. With that in mind, let's start the tutorial. By the way, you can even now use Gmail features for other email accounts on Android. Check too.
- Head to the Gmail site on your desktop / PC and log in with your account.
- Click on Settings icon (gear icon) just above your emails in the top right corner.
- Then click on the Get add-ons drop-down menu options.
- You will now be taken to the G Suite Market which hosts various Gmail add-ons. Browse through them or use the search bar to search for a specific one.
- You can also filter the add-ons according to their categories. To do this, click on the hamburger icon shown at the top left and select the desired category.
- Now, open the add-on that you want to add to Gmail and click the button INSTALL button.
- He will now ask for your permission. Click on CONTINUE.
- At this point, you must now log in with the same Gmail account on which you want to install the particular add-on. In addition, these Gmail add-osn permissions also require your permission to access your email, edit it, and so on. Press on TO ALLOW if you want to continue with the selected extension.
That's it. The desired extension will now be added to your Gmail account.
Best Gmail extensions and extensions in 2020
If you're not sure exactly which Gmail extensions to use, we carefully selected 10 of the best free Gmail add-ons at your disposal to improve your productivity.
- Free email stalker
- Dropbox Gmail integration
- Insightful CRM
- Trello for Gmail
- Inbox ready for Gmail ™
- Gorgias Templates: E-mail Templates for Gmail
- CheckerPlus for Gmail
- Advertising blocker for Gmail
- Simple Gmail Notes
- Inbox right for Gmail
- Dictate for Gmail
- FlowCrypt: Encrypt Gmail with PGP
Use installed extensions
To use newly installed Gmail extensions, follow the instructions below. Steps on how to use it on your Android device are also mentioned.
- Navigate to the Gmail home page. You will see the extension added to the far right.
- Click on it. The add-on will now open in Gmail itself. You can now use it according to your needs.
- In addition, you can also access these Gmail add-ons from your device, if this option is supported. Not all add-ons support the mobile version of Gmail. Be sure to read his description before installing them.
- Open the Gmail app on your Android device.
- Depending on the features of the Gmail add-on, it will be present in the Compose Mail section or in your inbox.
- However, the location will also be corrected. He will always be present at the bottom of the two sections mentioned above.
- You will see the option as Complements available. tap and select the required add-ons.
- That's it. You can now start using these Gmail add-ons on your Android device.
With this, we conclude the guide on how to use different Gmail add-ons. Will you try these add-ons or you will not trade the security and privacy of your account just to give you extra features? Share your opinions in the comments section below.
Read more: Remove or disconnect a Google Account on Android devices