Known among Android enthusiasts as the best Android skin, Oxygen OS has its merits. The built-in application and file bin, parallel applications, the fast application launcher, and so on. are some of the features that make it even better than the Android stock in my opinion. But Oxygen OS has its flaws and one of them is the delay of Gmail notifications. Fortunately, if you have root access, you can fix delayed Gmail notifications on the OnePlus Oxygen operating system.
Oxygen OS, like many other OEM skins in China, aggressively optimizes the battery. This often kills background services that you may not want to kill. This is particularly troublesome with communication applications such as WhatsApp, Messenger or even Gmail. Normally, you can solve this problem by simply excluding the application of the battery optimization. There are some very effective tips to save the battery of Android devices and I suggest you try them.
For that, go to settings > Drums and you will find the Battery optimization option here. Make sure All applications is selected from the drop-down menu at the top and scroll to the application you want to exclude from the battery optimization. Tap the app and select Do not optimize in the pop-up dialog box, and then press COMPLETED.
Unfortunately, excluding Gmail from battery optimization does not seem to work for any reason. And since this is a long-standing bug with Oxygen OS that has not been fixed yet, it is possible that a patch will not be released soon by OnePlus. There are several myths about the lithium-ion battery that most people consider facts. Do not forget to check out our article on the myths and facts related to the battery of a smartphone.
- A rooted OnePlus device running Oxygen OS.
- Frame without Magisk system.
Fixed delayed Gmail notifications under Oxygen OS
- Launch Magisk Manager on your OnePlus phone.
- Tap the hamburger menu icon on the left or swipe left to open the side menu drawer.
- From there, go to Downloads section.
- Tap on the search icon in the upper right corner.
- Type "gmail" and you should already see OxygenOS Gmail Drums To repair appear in the search result.
- Tap on the download icon next to the search result.
- In the pop-up dialog box, select INSTALL.
- Once the module is flashing, tap the button restart button in the lower right corner.
When your device restarts, you'll notice that you can now receive Gmail notifications almost as quickly as new messages arrive. For example, look at the time in the screenshots below. Gmail receives the email almost as soon as it is sent and displays a notification.
Since you've fixed delayed Gmail notifications on your OnePlus phone under Oxygen OS, it's time to learn these 7 secret tips for Gmail for Android as well.
Read more: How to recover deleted emails permanently in Gmail