Fortnite is one of the most popular video games since its release in 2020. Among all its features, it's the ability to talk with his teammates that makes fortnite a game even more fun. But what happens if your Fortnite voice conversation stops working? Fortnite Voice Chat does not work is a common problem among users.
This article will help you with different methods that you can apply to solve the voice chat problem on Fortnite.
How to solve the Fortnite voice chat job problem
Off late, it has been noticed that users complain that voice chat is not working properly. Sound may work properly in all other applications. However, a problem occurs when Fortnite is open. We understand that this can be quite frustrating and, therefore, here are some simple methods that could simply solve the problem in seconds. If that does not work, you can still adopt the most complex methods. So let's go!
1. Log out and log in to Fortnite
It may seem absurd, but it works sometimes. Even if not, it will only take a few seconds, so what is the harm? It's as simple as it looks.
Log out of your Fortnite account, then log back in. Then simply start a game and determine if the voice chat has started working as before. Otherwise, go to the next method and try your luck there.
2. Install the latest Fortnite patch
To fix bugs and other issues, Fortnite frequently releases patches. It is possible that the problem you are experiencing is already resolved in one of the published fixes. It becomes vital to check if your Fortnite is completely up to date. To check this, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Launch the epic games launcher
- Go to the left pane and click Library.
- Go right and click on the gear button that would be present in the lower right corner of Fortnite.
- There would be a toggle next to the automatic update option. You must turn it on.
- This triggers the automatic download of a patch if, in case it is available.
- If the patch is downloaded, check if Fortnite voice chat is working. In all other cases, go to method number 3!
3. Update your sound card driver
If your Fortnite voice chat still does not work, it is possible that a sound card driver is responsible. There are two ways to update a sound card driver, either automatically or manually. We will examine these two methods:
To automatically update the driver of your sound card, you must adopt a free third-party application, namely DriverBooster. These are the steps that must be followed:
- Download and install driver booster.
- Start the application.
- Click Analyze Now.
- Then click update near the sound card of your driver. Or, you can simply click Update All if you want to update all your drivers, but this requires the PRO version which is not available for free.
To manually update the driver for your sound card, visit your manufacturer's website. Once you've done this, find the latest driver for your sound card. In addition, it is of utmost importance that you choose a driver that is compatible with the sound card you are using and the version of Windows that you are using.
4. Check if an appropriate audio device has been selected
Everyone knows that your PC has more than one means of audio output. It is therefore possible that an incorrect audio device is chosen in the first place. To verify this, follow these steps:
- Launch Fortnite.
- Disable voice chat
- Push to talk.
- Press the key with the Windows logo and the "S" key.
- A dialog box would open. Type "Sound" and open the Control Panel.
- Go to the Recording tab.
- Set the audio device you are using by default and check if it is enabled.
- Save the changes, and then exit.
Read also: You can not hear anyone in contention? Here is the FIX
5. Use the register
This is a somewhat complex method but it is said that it is effective enough to solve the problem. Are not convinced? Try it yourself
1. Click the Windows logo key with the "R" key.
2. Access the following key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER Software Epic Games
HKEY_USERSLONG-STRING-OF-CHARACTERS-REMOVED Software Epic Games
3. Locate the directories and delete them one by one.
4. Restart the computer and launch Fortnite.
6. Check if the correct console mode is selected
If you use consoles, this can be a problem because each console would require the necessary permission to access the audio output. So you can check if the selected console is the one that is used. Here's how to do it:
- Launch Fortnite.
- Go to settings.
- Select the Controller tab.
- Set the configuration as 'fast constructor'.
- Set the control platform to "PlayStation 4".
- Save the changes.
- Restart Fortnite and see if the problem has been resolved.
If none of the methods mentioned above has worked, there are only 2 options available. First, check if your microphone is turned on or off. It sounds obvious, but we are all human and it is possible. If not, you can try to remove and reinstall Fortnite. We hope that one of the 6 mentioned methods worked for you!