In iOS 15, you can easily type Camera text, using a new integrated keyboard viewfinder. Apple calls this feature Live Text because it instantly pastes the identified text into the input field of the keyboard of Messages, Mail, Safari, WhatsApp, social networking sites. Basically any native or third-party app that uses the original keyboard for iPhone and iPad can provide it.
How to Add Text from Camera in iOS 15
- All you need to do is long press on the text entry box, the same way you do when you want to paste copied text.
- In iOS 15, a Camera text The option appears next to Dough quick action. Tap on it!
- Frame a label, photo, or other object with text written on it. The Live Text function automatically recognizes it and adds it to the text in real time in the input field.
- Tap Insert, after framing the final version of the text you want to add.
Made: The function of getting text from the camera is very precise. It renders the text identically, copying the alignment, spaces, dashes, commas and all the small details.
IPhone text from camera Tips
1. Improve accuracy
For best results, avoid using iOS 15 Camera text function in a very dark environment. The camera flash cannot be used in parallel. You will have to rely on the ambient light.
2. How to select text
If you want to select only a piece of larger text, you can use the text selection mode:
- Press the Text selection tool, available in the lower right corner of the viewfinder window. The current selection is highlighted, realtime scanning stops, and you can only select the part of the text you want to use.
- Swipe or tap the word you want to select.
- Tap Insert when it’s ready.
Camera text not available
Is the Camera text option not displayed when you long press the text entry field? Here’s what you can do to fix it:
1. Use a compatible iPhone
Please be aware that due to hardware requirements (A12 chip or later required), iOS 15 Live Text is available on iPhone XS and later models. Unfortunately, not all older iOS 15 compatible iPhones are supported!
2. Software problem
Since iOS 15 is still in its infancy, a minor issue could prevent the Camera text opportunity to work as planned. The first troubleshooting step that you need to take is hard restart iPhone.
3. Disabled in the settings
Although the Live Text feature is automatically turned on, you or someone else may have accidentally turned it off.
How? ‘Or’ What: You can solve this problem in Settings -> Camera -> Live Text.
I’m really impressed with the accuracy of this new iOS 15 Text from Camera feature. What’s your take on it. Did I miss something? Do not hesitate to comment and share your impressions.
Related: Want to learn more about iOS 15 features? Here’s how to get and edit EXIF photo metadata!