Telegram is one of the most privacy-rich instant messaging applications. However, there is one feature that the privacy center may want to review. The point is, every time someone forwards your message, they send a link back to your account. In this way, anyone could easily access your profile section, even if they are not in your contacts. This is a major privacy issue for many people. Fortunately, Telegram offers an option to deactivate your account link in forwarded messages. Let’s see how this feature works and how you could do the same for your account. Also see the steps to enable password lock on Telegram.
Deactivate telegram account link in forwarded messages
A link to your account is added automatically when someone is about to forward your message. You see, this also has additional benefits. For example, the original author of the message gets the credit due if they created a message and the message is broadcast everywhere.
However, the fact is that these forwarded messages can reach even the users who disturb you the least. And then, they could easily preview your profile. Well, this is something that you would definitely want to avoid in the first place. Here are the steps to deactivate the link to your Telegram account in forwarded messages. On that note, also check out 11 Telegram tips and tricks.
Steps to follow
- Meet at Telegram application on your device and hit the hamburger menu
- Then press settings and visit the Privacy and Security section.
- Below, go to Messages forwarded section.
- To deactivate your account link in messages transferred to Telegram, you have three different options:
- Everybody: This is the default option. Anyone who receives your messages will be able to forward them to others with your account link.
- My contacts: Only the person who is one of your contacts will be able to access your account link in forwarded messages.
- Person: As the name suggests, no one will be able to access your account. In other words, the link to your account in messages transferred to Telegram will be deactivated. If this feature intrigues you, also take a look at 5 features and extras of the telegram.
- Apart from that, you can also modify the rules by adding exceptions. The same could be done via the Add exceptions menu. Here are all the different possibilities:
- In the case of Everybody, you can use the Never allow exceptions to prevent certain people from accessing the account link of your message transferred in Telegram.
- Under Person, you could add a Always allow exception for some users to always see your contact’s link.
- However, under My contacts, you have both Always allow and Never allow exceptions. You can block certain people and at the same time allow others to access the account link for your message transferred to Telegram.
- Once you have finished configuring rules and exceptions, press the check mark to confirm your selection.
That’s it. These are the steps to deactivate your account link in messages transferred to Telegram. Share this Telegram privacy tip with others and let them know the same. Also, don’t forget to let us know your views in the comments section below.