Focused towards Error 0xc000014c on your Windows system? Error code 0xc000014c is an easy to fix registry error, check out this guide to find out how to fix error 0xc000014c on Windows
The error code 0xc000014c is a Windows registry error that occurs when you try to start your Windows. This happens if your registry files are corrupted or the system files are compromised. This is a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) error which is not common enough but can occur. When you encounter this error, this message will appear
In this article, I will show you the methods to fix the problem Code error 0xc000014c in your Windows operating system.
What is error code 0xc000014c?
The 0xc000014c is a hexadecimal error code. It allows the developer to identify the error caused. This often happens due to registry issues in your Windows operating system. This causes Windows to crash and the error message appears. Although this is not a common mistake, luckily we have the solution to fix the problem. 0xc000014c error code in your Windows operating system.
What causes the error code 0xc000014c?
The error can be caused by a sudden restart of the system. This leads to some corruption in the Windows registry files and the error message is displayed. this happens because some important boot information is missing and the operating system cannot start as usual.
The main reasons for this error are:
- Corrupted registry files– When one or more files are corrupted in the Windows registry, the system will not start and encounter an error during startup.
- Corrupted BCD (boot configuration data)– The most common cause of the error is corrupted BCD files. The BCD can be corrupted if the user tries to configure it manually or if there are power outages and write errors to the disk. It can also be caused by boot sector virus attacks
- Damaged system files– Having damaged system files in your operating system can also cause the error.
- Incomplete uninstall -Incomplete uninstallation of some files or removal of some dependent software or applications can also cause this error.
How to fix error code 0xc000014c in Windows operating system?
Here I will walk you through the methods to fix error code 0xc000014c in your Windows operating system.
Follow the methods to do it.
1. Boot until Last Known Good Configuration
Sometimes recently installed or uninstalled apps can lead to misconfigurations. So starting with the last known good configuration may fix the error. Follow the given steps
- Restart your pc
- hurry f8 or f12 during boot to access the advanced boot manager.
- Select now Last Known Good Configuration by navigating through the arrow keys and pressing Enter.
Now the PC will restart and if it starts steadily as before then the problem is solved by this method.
2. Run SFC to repair
- Go to Windows Boot Manager
- Move towards Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Command Prompt.
- Now the command prompt is open.
- Type SFC / scannow and press Enter.
- Let the SFC utility scan and repair corrupt files. Once the scan is complete, restart your PC and the error should be fixed.
3. Create a system restore point.
Typically, the operating system itself creates a system restore point when it is functioning properly. If the system restore point is in place, you can restore your system and fix the error. Here are the steps to do it
Note: some PCs have a shortcut to directly access the system restore point like f10 or f11. Try to press them on startup and you will be taken to the repair menu.
- Go to the Windows setup screen and click next, then Repair your computer
- Then go to Troubleshoot option and click System Restauration.
- When the System Restauration the window appears, click on Following. Next, select a restore point from when your system was working fine and press following once again.
- After clicking Next, click Finish and wait for the system to return to the way it was before the error.
4. Correction of BCD
The most effective method to fix error code 0xc000014c is to reconfigure the BCD files. The corruption of BCD files can be fixed by some command prompt codes and the system will work fine after that. Follow the given steps
- Go to Windows Boot Manager
- Go to ” Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Command Prompt ‘
- Type now Bootrec / FixMbr and press enter
- Again, type Bootrec / FixBoot and press enter
- Type now Bootrec / ScanOS and press enter
- And finally, type Bootrec / RebuildBcd and press enter
- Once you have successfully entered all the commands, type chkdsk / f / r and press Enter.
this will check for bad hard drive sectors and fix them. Now restart your PC and check if the error is fixed.
5. Reconfiguration of the registry files
Note – In this method, you will need to physically remove the hard drive from your PC and connect it as a secondary hard drive to a working PC.
Now, reconfiguring the corrupted registry files can fix the error for good. Follow the steps to do so.
- First, remove the hard drive from the PC where corrupt Windows is installed.
- Connect it to a working PC through the case and hard drive connector.
- Now go to the secondary hard drive and go to the / Windows / system32 / config / RegBack address.
- Now copy all the files present in the folder and paste it into the / Windows / system32 / configuration address and click on Yes to all to overwrite the files in the config folder.
- After that shut down the PC, disconnect the hard drive and place it back on the PC it belonged to.
- Start your PC and let it boot normally
This method should fix the error and you should be able to access your PC as before without any issues.
These are the best possible ways to fix the problem Code error 0xc000014c in your Windows operating system. Hope you could clearly understand and perform the steps to fix the error.
If the issue is not resolved, or if you are having difficulty understanding or performing any of the steps, please feel free to comment below.
Also read: How to install FFmpeg on Windows 10? [Full Guide]