Snapchat, being one of the most popular social media and social media marketing platform, it has many features like self-destructing photo shares and other benefits. It has many users and a large amount of data is transferred every day. So, Snapchat users recently reported Snapchat crash on their iPhone. This can be very annoying for everyday users and should be fixed at the earliest.
In this article, I will show you the best possible ways to fix Snapchat crash and keep using it without any inconvenience.
What is Snapchat?
Snapchat is a multimedia social networking application. Created by Evan Spiegel and his comrades, Snapchat became very popular due to its unique feature where messages would be available to recipients for a short period of time. The app has evolved from originally focusing on person-to-person photo sharing to currently showcase user “stories” that last up to 24 hours. Snapchat’s focus on users interacting with virtual stickers and augmented reality objects, which makes it interesting to use.
What causes Snapchat crashes?
It might not be Snapchat that is to blame every time, iOS system issues and other issues can cause these annoying crashes as well. Other reasons that can cause crashes are
- Memory failure– Insufficient memory causes the application to crash because the system cannot load the application in the given space.
- Malware– The presence of malware in your system can also cause crashes.
- Defective updates– Having faulty updates in your system can also be the reason for frequent crashes.
How to fix Snapchat crash?
So here I am going to walk you through the methods by which you can fix your Snapchat app crashing on your iOS system.
1. Restart Snapchat
The very first thing a normal user can do to fix Snapchat crash is to restart the app and check if it is fixed. If that doesn’t work, you probably need to restart your phone to fix the ht error. try restarting and check if this is fixed.
2. Clear the cache and restart
Sometimes due to data corruption in Snapchat app it can cause frequent crashes in the system. So, clearing app data will likely fix the crashing issues. To do this, follow the steps
- Go to Settings in My profile on your iOS device.
- Press the Empty the cache option under the Account actions. Then press Clear memory cache and choose Clear.
3. Reconnect to the network
Online applications tend to produce errors when they do not get a stable connection. Restarting the wifi network or mobile data can therefore resolve the outages.
- Press on Settings
- Go to Wireless
- Activate the WiFi connection for about 1 minute.
- Then turn it back on and check if the app crashes
To note: You can also open the Control center then press the Wi-Fi icon to deactivate and then reactivate Wi-Fi.
You can also turn on airplane mode to disconnect the network. This will help to refresh your internet connection and clear any minor errors that might have caused your internet to continue to drop. After a while, reconnect to the network and check if the crash is resolved.
4. Update Snapchat
Some versions of Snapchat can also cause these crashes due to certain bugs, so updating the app may fix the crashing issue. It is recommended that you uninstall the Snapchat app from your system and then reinstall the app from the App Store. For that, proceed as following
- Tap and hold the Snapchat icon from the home screen.
- When the icons start to shake, press the X in the left corner of the Snapchat app. This will remove or uninstall the app from your iPhone.
- Tap Wipe off to confirm the action.
- Now that your app is uninstalled, go to the App Store and type Snapchat in the search box
- Install Snapchat then restart your device
- The crash error should be fixed and you can use Snapchat without any inconvenience.
5. Using TuneKit iOS System Recovery
Note: For this method, you will need a working PC for your phone to connect.
TuneKit iOS System Recovery is software that can remove the cause of Snapchat crashes. It is a repair tool that can fix over 30 issues of your iOS device. It is a completely safe process, so you don’t have to worry about any data loss.
The steps to use the TuneKit are given below:
- Download the TuneKit from the link TuneKit and install it on your PC.
- After installation, open the software and connect your iPhone using a USB cable.
- After detecting your device, click on the button Enter recovery mode option on the TuneKit.
- Now a new window will appear. Select the Standard mode and click on following
- Standard mode preserves your data and tries to resolve issues you are facing, such as the application freezes, but the Advanced mode will repair any errors regardless of data retention.
- Now in this Windows you will be asked to correctly confirm your device model and device information. After that download the firmware package that corresponds to the device and click on the repair button.
- This will allow your iOS device to get rid of Snapchat crashes.
These are the best possible ways to fix the problem Snapchat crashing error on your iOS device. Hope you could clearly understand and perform the steps to fix the error.
If the issue is not resolved, or if you are having difficulty understanding or performing any of the steps, please feel free to comment below.
Also Read: How To Fix Update Error 80072EE2 In Windows 10