iOS 15, iPadOS 15, and macOS Monterey come with a new Hide my email feature that allows you to hide your email address when interacting with websites and applications on the web. This new privacy option is available with iCloud + (iCloud Plus), Apple’s premium version for iCloud.
What is Hide my email?
This new iCloud feature allows you to create random email addresses that redirect to a personal email address you choose.
Hide My Email allows you to interact with various apps, websites, and businesses without disclosing your real email address.
How to activate Hide my email
- Open Settings and press your Apple ID at the top of the screen.
- Go for iCloud.
- Press on Hide my email.
- Go for Subscribe to iCloud +
Made: The iCloud + start screen will appear if you haven’t already subscribed. You are informed of the services included in the Plus package: Private relay, additional iCloud storage, hide my email and HomeKit Secure Video.
Made: If you already pay for additional iCloud storage, you automatically become an iCloud + subscriber in iOS 15. In addition, the Apple One subscription also covers the iCloud + plan.
How to create a new address in Hide my email
- Open Hide my email in Settings and press Create a new address.
- A random address is displayed. Faucet Use a different address to see another suggestion.
- Faucet To continue when you have chosen one of the three options.
- Label your address. This will help you identify it more easily. An optional note is also available.
- Faucet Ended to end the process. That’s it!
Advice: There are 3 suggestions available, which loop each time you press the Use a different address option.
How to use a random mask of my email address
Just press the e-mail field on any registration form and you will get the Hide my email suggestion on the iOS keyboard.
Tap on it and a random email is generated by iCloud +.
Advice: You can also use an email address you have already created!
How to change the forwarding address of my email
- To research Settings -> Apple ID -> iCloud -> Hide my email.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and press Forward to.
- To select one of the available email addresses.
Advice: If the desired email account is not listed, you can add it to Settings -> Mail -> Accounts.
How to turn off a hide my email address
– Tap the label in question for the random email listed on the Hide my email home screen and use the Disable Email Address option.
– Or, browse the Connect with Apple records for this account and disable the Forward to option.
Are you planning to use Hide My Email on iPhone, iPad or Mac? Why? Are you already using it? What is your feedback? Use the comments section and let us know.
Related: How to set up iCloud custom email aliases for Mail app!