You can now hide your Instagram likes count for old and new posts. Plus, you can even hide likes and show the number of posts from the accounts you follow. All thanks to the latest Instagram update for iOS and Android. This update aims to relieve the mental pressure caused by the likes and views race and improve the user experience with the Facebook owned platform!
How to hide your number of likes on Instagram
Before you start, make sure you’ve updated Instagram to the most recent iOS version (direct link). Open the app and perform the following steps
1.For old messages
- Find one of your worst performing posts. Tap your account icon available in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Tap the thumbnail of the post you want to hide likes.
- Tap the three dots icon available in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Use the new To hide as to count functionality.
Tip: repeat the
2. For new messages
- Start a new Instagram post. Select the image / video and tap Next until you reach the last step before sharing.
- After writing your Legend, Tagging people and or Add a location Use the Advanced settings option available at the bottom of the screen.
- Activate the Hide likes and see counts on this post functionality.
Made: By doing this, only you will be able to see the total number of likes and views on this post. You can undo this change later by following the steps outlined above, for old Instagram posts.
How to hide as counting for other accounts
If you want to turn off likes and views on your Instagram timeline, follow these steps:
- Tap your profile icon, available in the lower left corner of the screen.
- Use the Menu button, the three horizontal lines, available in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Tap Settings and search for “messages”
- Activate the Hide the number of likes and views feature and you won’t see the total number of likes and views on posts from other accounts.
Do you plan to hide your number of likes on Instagram? Use the comments section and let us know what you think of this new Instagram feature!
Related: How to generate and customize Instagram QR code on iPhone