Reset all Google Chrome flags (Android and desktop)
If a recently activated Chrome flag makes your PC unstable, then using disabling that flag only may be a better option, rather than resetting everything. However, if you can't remember which flag is causing problems or want to use the Chrome browser in its clean and stable state, resetting all of the Chrome flags might be the best solution.
However, keep this in mind. Resetting does not only mean deactivating the activated flags. This feature will instead return the Chrome flags to their default state. Suppose, for example, that if you had deactivated a certain indicator earlier, this will now be activated. That said, here are the instructions for the Android version followed by the desktop version. Also check out these tips for getting the most out of Google Chrome.
On Android devices
- Open Chrome browser on your Android device. The steps are the same for all versions of Chrome (stable, beta, dev or canary).
- Type chrome: // flags in the Omnibox (address bar) and tap Enter.
- To deactivate individual flags, press enabled and from the list select Off.
- On the other hand, to reset all the Chrome flags, tap Reset all to default. This option will be located right next to the search flag bar.
- Once done, Chrome will warn you to restart the browser. Press on Revive do this.
This is it. These are the steps to reset all Chrome flags and return the browser to the way you downloaded it in the first place. Now let's see the steps to do it on a Windows PC.
Don't Miss: How to Change the Font Size in Google Chrome for Android
Reset Chrome flags on the desktop
- The steps will again be similar to all versions of Chrome, as was the case with the Android version. Having said that, open Google Chrome on your PC.
- The same URL, that is to say chrome: // flags must also be entered in the address bar here.
- This will bring up a list of Chrome flags. To deactivate a particular one, click on the enabled button and select disabled from the drop-down menu.
- However, to reset all Chrome flags in the PC version of this browser, click Reset all to default. Similar to the Android version, the option is located next to the Flags search bar itself.
- By clicking on the Reset button, you will now have to restart the browser once for the changes to take effect. Click on Revive do this.
It's all from this guide on how to reset Chrome flags to its default state. The stages of building Android and desktop were mentioned. However, if you are still having problems with these indicators, submit your queries in the comments section below.
Read more: How to manage auto-fill settings for Chrome on Android and Windows