Therefore, in this guide, we will try to explain in the simplest possible way all the steps. Although the process below is run on the Google Chrome browser, you can use any of the browsers. In addition, if you're new to this browser, do not forget to check out these tips and tricks for Chrome Browser on Android.
What is the reverse image search?
Reverse Image Search is a technology used by search engines to find a specific image, wherever it appears online. It takes an image uploaded by the user as input and gives you the results of the image as output related to the query. This is a very handy feature for professionals and enthusiasts as it allows them to do the following things:
- Find higher quality versions and resolution of an image.
- Check out simulated and duplicated versions of an image.
- Ensure the observation of the copyright of an image.
- Find more information about an image.
- Get details about the products or objects displayed in an image.
Reverse image search on Android devices
There are many applications and websites that can do a reverse image search and they do the job very well. But they are not as efficient as the Google search engine. The process will be done with the help of Google Search using the Chrome browser. Just follow the steps below:
- Open the Chromium browser on your Android device.
- Tap on the three vertical dots at the top right and check the box next to the Office site.
- Now open the Google Images website.
- Then press the camera icon present in the search box.
- You can now either paste the URL of an image or download it directly from your device. Here we would do the last one.
- Press on Upload an image and click on the Choose the file option.
- Find and select the desired image using the keys Files app.
- The selected photo will now be uploaded and afterwards, Google will do a reverse lookup on it. In a second or two, all the details of the image will be presented to you.
- Below the image, Google will also suggest web pages that may contain the corresponding images. If you are not satisfied with the reverse image search, try visiting one of these web pages.
With that, you've done a reverse image search using an Android device. As already mentioned, this process can be done with any browser. Just be sure to turn on desktop view before visiting the Google Images site.
Alternatives to Google Reverse Image Search
Besides Google, there are other third party apps and websites that are also able to perform a reverse image search. Some of them are:
With that, we come to the end of the guide on how to do a reverse image search on an Android device. Tell us if Google was able to provide you with all the necessary information or if you had to choose an alternative.
Read more: Hack the Hidden Google Chrome Dinosaur Game