NFC or Near field communication is a new type of wireless technology that allows wireless access to information. For example, nowadays, bus stop advertisements or even business cards come with NFC tags. All you have to do is scan these tags using the NFC compatible Android device and you will get full information about it. Well, in many countries, you can even make a payment using this technology.
The range of NFC is short – about 4 inches or 10 centimeters. But they are faster than the usual QR or barcode. To scan these tags, all you need to do is unlock your NFC-enabled device and scan it. But there is a practical module that makes work even easier for you. You won’t even have to unlock your device to scan for these NFC tags. Just put your locked devices next to a tag and you’re done. Before listing the steps to follow, there are a few important points to remember.
Important points to keep in mind
- To scan NFC tags without unlocking your device, you will need a rooted Android device.
- You must also have Magisk Manager installed on your device.
- It is not a modification without system because it directly corrects and modifies the system file NfcNci.apk. This could therefore break the SafetyNet.
- Therefore, it does not work with NFC payments. Well, you could view this limitation as a disguised blessing. Indeed, making contactless payments in locked devices is never a good idea from a security perspective.
- Flashing this module to analyze NFC tags can lead to the formation of brick devices or also cause startup loops. In such a case, DroidViews or one of its members will not be considered reliable. Go ahead at your own risk. However, in the case of a boot loop, you can uninstall the module via TWRP Recovery.
That said, here are the steps to scan NFS tags on locked devices. On that note, also check out our guide to what is NFC? 9 great ways to use NFC
Analyze NFS tags without unlocking the device
- Open the Magisk Manager app and tap the hamburger icon.
- Meet at Download section.
- Use the search bar to find NFC screen disabled module. This module will help you to scan NFC tags without unlocking your device.
- Press the Download icon next to it and press Install.
- The module will be installed in a few seconds. When finished, press the To restart option located at the bottom right.
Don’t miss: Connect to a network using the Wi-Fi QR code on Android Q
That’s it. You can now easily scan NFC tags without unlocking your device. Just note that each time you restart your device, you must wait at least 30 seconds before scanning the tags. What do you think of this module? Are you ready to try it or wait for it to work without a system? Share your opinions in the comments section below.