E-mail remains one of the main forms of communication, and if essential e-mails are not answered in time, it can be annoying. If you are on vacation or on vacation, it is essential to inform the person that you will answer later. It's here that Automatic replies enter the picture. In this article, I will share how you can set up automatic replies on Outlook.comas well in Microsoft Outlook. It will send you a pre-written email when you are not available to answer emails.
Set up automatic replies in Outlook.com
To set up automatic replies or vacation responses in Outlook on the Web, follow these steps:
- Open Outlook Web and click the Settings icon at the top left.
- Scroll to the end and click on View all Outlook settings
- Switch to the Mail section of the Settings application and look for automatic replies.
- Activate Enable automatic replies
- Then, choose how long (start date and end date) you want automatic responses to work
- When you turn on the start and end date, there are three actions you can configure
- Block calendar for this period
- Automatic decline new invitations for events that occur in this period
- Decline and cancel meetings during this period
- Now choose to compose a message where you can add details about your situation and who to contact in case of absence.
- Finally, you can choose to answer only to contacts in your address book.
Fun fact – It was also known as the office's absence response or vacancy.
Two essential things to pay attention here:
- Do not skip the answer option to only contacts. This ensures that you protect your privacy by not sending information to "Non-Contact Emails", especially unwanted e-mails.
- Although you can ignore the selection of a duration, it continues to work even when you return. So, his best have a dedicated date setup.
Automatic replies will be automatically disabled on the end date. All your emails will be marked as unread.
Set up automatic replies in Microsoft Outlook
To configure automatic replies in Microsoft Outlook:
- Open Microsoft Outlook
- Click on the File tab in the upper left corner
- You will see the Account Information panel.
- Under the Info tab, you will see automatic replies.
- Click on it to open its configuration box
- Select the Send automatic replies option and configure the settings as needed.
That's all there is to it! I hope these tips have been easy to follow.
PS: This article will show you that you have set automatic responses in the Windows 10 Mail application.