Sync specific items from the old Google account
Suppose you purchased apps from the Play Store synced with a specific Google ID. To share these purchases with another device, you must enter the associated Google account in the second device. But it will start to synchronize every bit of data associated with this account, not just your purchases.
This is exactly what happened in my case, and I end up having almost 800 contacts! To make sure these things don't happen to you, here is a workaround that you can try to sync only specific items from your other Google account. In addition, you can also enable two-factor authentication in your Google account. Refer to the guide for more information.
Steps to follow
- Meeting on settings on your Android device.
- Go to Google and tap your email id. This will bring the possibility of add another account.
- Tap it and enter the desired email username and password. As soon as the email is configured, activate the Airplane mode. This should be done within seconds of adding your account. Otherwise, you will not be able to sync only specific items from your other Google Account.
- This will ensure that your device is disconnected from all networks. Therefore, Google would not be able to synchronize data from the new Google ID on your device.
- Now head to Accounts and press the new Google ID. It should be named as your Gmail ID.
- Then press Account synchronization and turn off all switches except the one that needs to be synchronized.
- Finally, turn off airplane mode and let the process begin.
This is it. These are the steps to sync only one particular item from your other Google account. Let us know what you think of this advice, also share it with others so they too can benefit.
Read more: How to turn off video playback in Google Play Store