We know that Windows supports mixed reality. To manage all VR or AR settings, Microsoft has created the mixed reality portal. This application can configure everything and acts as a command center for MR. But if you do not need it, you can delete the application. In this post we will learn how to uninstall Mixed Reality Portal application. We can do this via the Start menu, Settings, using a PowerShell command or a free uninstaller to remove apps.
How to Uninstall the Mixed Reality Portal on Windows 10
You can remove or uninstall the mixed reality portal by using these methods:
- Uninstall from the Start menu
- Uninstall via Settings
- Use a PowerShell command
- Use free third party software.
If you have hardware or a VR headset, you should not uninstall it. Microsoft offers more than 3,000 games and VR apps that you can use and take advantage of MR technology.
1) Uninstall Mixed Reality Portal from the Start Menu
The easiest way to uninstall applications is to right-click. There are two ways, the new one with the recent update of Windows features.
- Click the Start button and type Mixed Reality Portal
- When the mixed reality portal appears in the list, click on it with the right mouse button.
- Click on the uninstall option.
There is another uninstall option on the right side of the list that also reveals a quick action for the application.
2) Uninstall Mixed Reality Portal via Settings
The first method works fine, but you can also uninstall via the settings
- Click Start Menu> Settings> System> Applications and Features.
- Wait until the application list is filled.
- Click on the mixed reality portal.
- It will reveal the Move and Uninstall menu.
- Click the Uninstall button to remove the mixed reality portal from Windows.
3) Use a PowerShell command to remove the mixed reality portal.
If you are an experienced user, this method works wonders.
Open PowerShell with Administrator privileges and run the Remove Application Package command for the Mixed Reality Portal:
Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.MixedReality.Portal | Remove-AppxPackage
Once the run is complete, the mixed reality portal will be uninstalled.
4) Use free third party software
You can also use CCleaner, 10AppsManager, or AppBuster to uninstall unwanted applications like the Mixed Reality Portal in Windows 10.
As you can see, it is easy to uninstall the mixed reality portal using one of the methods. Use PowerShell carefully and use the specific command. The settings menu is useful when you need to uninstall multiple applications. Otherwise, right clicking on the Start menu method is fine.
If you want to reinstall applications, you can do it through the Microsoft Store – or use these PowerShell commands to reinstall preinstalled applications.