Although Xiaomi already has the stacked middle level segment, this does not prevent it from publishing more such devices. After launching the Redmi K20 Pro in India and the Mi 9T Pro in China, he followed the same path by launching two new variants, the Mi CC9 and the Mi CC9e. As for the specifications, there is not much that separates them from its previous launches.
The Mi CC9 comes with Android 9.0 Pie ready to use, running on its modified Android skin, the MIUI 10. It also boasts an octa-core Snapdragon 710 chipset coupled with 6 and 8 GB of RAM. Other noteworthy features include an expandable MicroSD slot (up to 256GB) and a huge 4030 mAh battery.
With so many features in one place, both devices have attracted a lot of interest. And if you're one of those geeks who like to tweak their device software, just follow this guide. It contains detailed instructions on how to unlock the bootloader on Xiaomi Mi CC9 and Mi CC9E.
Unlocking the boot loader on your device will erase all data on your device. Even the data on the internal memory will be erased. Therefore, make a full backup before continuing. In addition, it is assumed that you are fully aware of the disadvantages and dangers associated with the boot loader booting and unlocking process. Neither DroidViews nor any of its members will be held responsible if your device is blocked or if something unpleasant happens to it.
- Unlocking the boot loader on your device will erase all data inside. Therefore, make a full backup before continuing.
- Activate USB debugging and OEM unlocking on your device. The steps are shown below. You can also view our detailed article for the same.
- Go to settings menu of your device.
- Move towards About the phone and press MIUI Version 7 times. A message stating that you are now a developer will confirm that the options for developers have been enabled.
- Go back to Settings and under Developer Options, enable USB debugging and OEM unlocking functionality.
- Keep your device charged at least 50%.
Steps to unlock the Xiaomi Mi CC9 / Mi CC9e bootloader
The unlocking process of the boot loader on the Mi CC9 / Mi CC9e systems is described in two sections. The first section covers the steps required to obtain Xiaomi's unlocking permission. Once done, continue to the next section where the unlocking process of the boot loader via the Flash Memory Unlock Tool is described.
Xiaomi unlocking authorization request
- Head to the MIUI Unlock the page and press Unlock now.
- Now you may need sign in register on your Xiaomi account.
- After you log in to your account, you will have to wait 7 to 10 days before you obtain the unlocking authorization. Once you're done, go to the next section.
Unlock Bootloader on Mi CC9 / Mi CC9e
- Turn off your device. Hold down the power and volume down buttons for a few seconds to start the device in quick start mode.
- Connect the device to the computer via a USB cable.
- Extract the Mid flash unlocking tool application to a convenient location on your PC.
- Click on miflash_unlock.exe file to open the application.
- Then, in the Disclaimer screen, click To agree.
- Now you will need to login or create your Mi account. Press the Sign in register button.
- It will then check if you have the necessary permissions to unlock your device.
- Once the verification is successful, you will be taken to the unlock screen. Click on Open button.
- A warning may appear in red text. Click on Unlock anyway.
- It will take a few seconds before the process is 100% complete. If it's stuck at 50%, Xiaomi still has not approved your request. It usually takes 7 to 10 to get your application approved. If the time has already elapsed, consider contacting him.
That's all. You have now unlocked the Xiaomi Mi CC9 / Mi CC9e device boot loader. If you have problems with any of the steps mentioned in the unlocking process, please let us know in the comments section below.