Norton Mobile Security is one of the most used Android antivirus apps. In this article, we’ll cover everything you need to know about Norton. We will see why this Android security app is one of the best.
If you want to see more antivirus apps for your Android phone, click here.
Symantec is a major star in the digital security world, and its Norton Web Security Android app extends that reputation to mobile devices. Norton not only scans and protects against malicious apps, but it also has powerful anti-theft features, outstanding anti-phishing security, and a smart app advisor that alerts you to suspicious apps.
Norton Mobile Security pricing and design
Norton Mobile Security for Android annual subscription fee is $ 29.99, but new users usually get a discount in the first year, bringing the price closer to $ 15 to $ 20 on top of a trial. 14 days free. Norton is one of the best-known tech antivirus vendors out there, but there are options for anyone looking to secure their laptops, desktops, and Android devices. At $ 99.99 per year, the Norton 360 Deluxe bundle supports five devices running Windows, macOS, iOS, or of course Android. Norton 360 Premium increases this number to ten devices. You can get your hands on the Premium from a third-party retailer like Amazon. The design of Norton is very simple, although it offers excellent virus protection and features. All functionality is accessible from a central pane. You can also travel back and forth by swiping between the pages of each function, making it easier to navigate.
Protection against malware
Norton Mobile Security for Android, like most Android antivirus applications, no longer schedules malware scans. Instead, it has a single “smart scan” toggle that performs a scan “at the desired time and frequency”. You can choose whether it can check system apps, your SD card, or both. When using popular browsers, such as browsers built into Facebook, Pinterest, and Snapchat, Norton Web Protection alerts you to malicious content. Norton alerts you to malicious applications before installing them. When the App Advisor feature is fully configured, a strip will appear at the bottom of the Google Play entries to notify you of Norton’s verdict. In most scenarios, the app will display a detailed page explaining how it affects your privacy and system efficiency.
Malware detection and web protection
For over two years, Norton has consistently achieved perfect scores in all of AV-TEST’s Android Antivirus App Reviews. Another lab, AV-Comparatives in Austria, included Norton in its comprehensive review of 250 Android antivirus apps, giving it a perfect score of 100%.
Phishing is a popular attack method whether you are using a laptop or mobile device to access the Internet. Norton provides web security that scans for known malicious URLs as well as fake URLs (phishing) to combat this threat. The original Android browser, Chrome, Samsung S browser, Firefox and Opera are all protected by this feature.
Anti-theft functions (discontinued)
While mobile malware is becoming more and more common, the most immediate danger is theft and loss. Anti-theft features are often the differentiator among security suites, with the industry average for Android antivirus detection being just under 100%. You can lock, locate and wipe your phone remotely with Norton. You can also use the Sneak Peek feature to take a photo of the thief, start a backup, and trigger a scream alarm. You can use the perfectly designed Norton Web Portal to access these features, or you can use special SMS commands. It’s worth noting that the Erase feature, which performs a full factory reset on your phone, is only available through the web. This is a wise precaution to take if these SMS commands are abused.
Security functions and tools
- SIM card lock. If the SIM card is removed, the device is automatically locked.
- Call blocking. You can manually enter numbers or retrieve them from your call log to blacklist callers in Norton. When a blocked caller tries to reach you, they will be immediately redirected to voicemail.
- Application advisor. App Advisor provides detailed information about Google Play Store apps and not Google Play Store.
- System advisor. This feature gives you a simple overview of how your device is protected based on a variety of settings and possible vulnerabilities. If any of these issues are found, the app prompts you to fix it.
- Wi-Fi security. This feature tells you if the Wi-Fi network you are connecting to has any security holes, such as lack of password protection.
- Confidentiality report. This information is also included in App Advisor, but it highlights the applications that deliver data to data centers and, if possible, identify their locations.