If the scroll bar missing is missing in the Chrome browser, it becomes almost impossible to scroll the webpage and view its contents. Normally, it hides in the corner and becomes visible when you point the mouse cursor on the edge of the screen. Yet sometimes he just refuses to show up. This makes navigation quite difficult. So, when you encounter such erroneous behavior, correct it by following the instructions below.
Fix the missing scroll bar in Google Chrome
A browser update usually fixes the issues. However, if the problem persists, you can try one of the following options.
- Restore default settings
- Disable hardware acceleration
- Disable the overlay scroll bar indicator
1) Restore default settings
- Launch the Google Chrome browser.
- Click on the 3 points (Customize and control Google Chrome) and choose & #39; Settings & # 39 ;.
- Then scroll down to find theAdvanced'Option. When seen, click on it.
- In the left pane, scroll down and choose "Reset and clean'Option.
- When prompted, ignore it and press the buttonReset options& #39; button.
Please note that the action, once confirmed, will reset your start page, your new tab page, your search engine and the pinned tabs. It will also disable all extensions and erase temporary data such as cookies.
2) Disable hardware acceleration
If Chrome is having trouble displaying visual elements on the screen, such as a scroll bar, you can try to disable hardware acceleration.
3) Disable the overlay scroll bar indicator
When enabled, this Chrome flag allows the scroll bar to superimpose the content in a semitransparent manner and shrinks as soon as you move the mouse cursor. This makes it difficult to locate the scroll bar. So, clear the flag and see if it solves the problem. For that,
Type chrome: // flags and press Enter.
When you are directed to a new page, type "Overlap scroll bars'In the search bar.
When the option appears, tap the drop-down arrow next to the option and select 'disabled'Option.
Now click on the "Restart" button to see if the problem is solved.