You must have heard of the dark web or the deep web and as you know
it is a scary place and full of qualified criminals
. It becomes necessary to protect yourself
by visiting this wild part of the Internet. Today I'm going
to talk to you about some precautions you should
take when surfing the black web
Secure Your Browser
Securing your browser must be your first priority because hackers
can operate to access your machine. So let's talk
about some ways in which you can make your browser
1. If a website does not use HTTPS, do not use it.
3. Disable all plugins as they can be used to track /
operate your system
4. Do not use search engines like Google following you.
Instead, go for DuckDuckGo, which does not keep records
or inject tracking cookies into your browser
5. If you download something on the dark web, it will not be possible. is ok
but consider opening it in a sandbox or virtual machine
. Do not use torrent because torrent uses a peer to peer connection
instead of using the TOR network.
7. Do not increase the TOR browser windows as it may be
to determine the screen size of your device.
Secure even more your browser
Enter approximately: config in your browser's tab and press Enter. Make the following changes:
network.cookie .cookieBehavior 2
Secure Your Operating System
If your operating systems are easy to hack, this could be a
problem. .. really a very bad problem.
1. Do not use Windows because Windows is really very easy to operate, prefer Linux.
2. It is good to use Tor in a virtual machine so you can
minimize the damage in case you become infected with
3. Use a firewall.
4. Keep your system up-to-date.
Secure your identity
And the most important thing is to hide your identity.
1. If you need to sign up for something, use a disposable email service
such as throwawaymail
2. Choose the user names and passwords carefully. They
should have no connection with your true identity.
3. Send messages in chat rooms only when their
is needed and reveal no kind of information.
4. You will eventually find scam sites and phishing sites,
so use your mind and stay away from them.
5. Do not do anything that might attract the attention of legal authorities
such as looking at child pornography. Do not
look at child pornography even for reasons of curiosity.
6. If you need to download an image somewhere, first erase its data
exif. And do not upload photos that
reveal something about your personal life. Like the color
of your cat.
Still not secure? It's gone!
1. Get a new laptop
2. Get a new USB drive and install Tails. Tails is a Linux distribution
dedicated to security and privacy.
3. Now install and set the TOR browser security setting
. Follow all the security measures we discussed
5. That's all.
That's all for the moment. I hope you enjoyed this article.
Continue to learn! Stay safe!