Quite often users complain about installing application applications. The Android smartphone returns the error message "App not installed. An existing package of the same name with a conflicting signature is already installedThe error occurs because of the conflict between a new package and the existing one that share the same name.Every Google Play app has its unique package name, but that does not mean that two developers can not write two. different applications and set their files with the same name.When trying to install or download APK of the same name, his Android device returns the error.
Typically, this error occurs if the same application has installed for multiple users on the same device and has not been properly uninstalled for all users. If you try to install a new APK of the same application, you will face the same error. Obviously, the solution is to carefully delete the application in question and then install a new APK. What should you do?
Open "Settings" -> "Applications", then search for and open the application information. Then open the additional menu (three vertical lines) and select "Uninstall" for all users.
This correction works in most cases. Nevertheless, misfires can occur. After deleting the application for all users, there are still two packages of the same name.
Method 1. Allow the installation of third-party applications.
- Go to settings ";
- Find "Security";
- Then "Unknown Sources" and unlock the box;
- If your smartphone asks to submit, do it by pressing the OK button;
- Return to the folder where the .apk file is located. Tap on it and install the application.
Method 2. Install Applications via ADB
- First you need to install Android Debug Bridge for PC. On your device, go to "Development Screen" and make sure that "USB debugging" is enabled. (We've already explained how to enable development options on our pages here.)
- Then press the Volume + and Power buttons simultaneously. You will need to restart your smartphone via the "Recovery" mode and connect your smartphone and your computer with USB.
- Open the command prompt on your computer and type the following command:
adb install -l -r file-name.apk
* Instead of filename.apk, you must write the name of the application that installs.
Method 3. Modify an application (root access required).
To use this method, you must have root access and install ZipSigner App. Then you have to follow the following steps:
- Open the installation application in ZipSigner, sign it with the key (its copy will appear in the folder containing the application with the mark – "signed");
- You'd better delete the original copy. Then you may want to remove the -signed mark from the remaining copy;
- So, you just need to replace the old copy with the new one.
Now you know how to handle the error "Application not installed.An existing package of the same name with a conflicting signature is already installed". If you want to share your experience with us, you are welcome! Write you ways in our comments.