Transport Tycoon Deluxe was a very popular strategy game released a long time ago. It was relaunched for modern computers and made available for free OpenTTD. The game has been converted to C language by reverse engineering by a named developer Ludvig Strigeus. The project is still under development and various BETA and nocturnal versions are published regularly. The game revolves around running a business in which players earn money by transporting passengers and goods by road, rail, waterway and air.
OpenTTD – New Transport Tycoon Deluxe game
Download and install OpenTTD was quite simple. When you launch the game for the first time, you access the home screen as follows:
Speaking of gameplay, it was smooth. The only problem was that the graphics could not evolve properly on my Surface Pro 6. But when I went on my laptop with a 1080p screen, things started to improve a bit.
Other than that, you get what you come for. The playing period is from 1950 to 2050. During this virtual period, you will enjoy a whole range of newer and better quality logistics solutions to run your business.
It takes about 20 hours to complete the game. And I liked how the color production was improved compared to the classic version.
When you come across the game's home screen, you can play a new game, load or create a scenario.
Once the game is started, you can start running your business.
All you have to do is build train stations or train or bus stations to transport people and goods from one place to another.
There will be grants and offers offered by local administrative authorities that can be used to make additional profits.
The computer will build the competing companies by giving the user good competition and thus make the gameplay interesting.
As you gain more and more profits, you simply need to upgrade your logistics as you are offered during the game. Once you reach a certain level of profit, you can also invest in transportation using Sea and Air.
Some of the main features introduced in OpenTTD from Transport Tycoon Deluxe are:
- Larger cards (up to 64 times)
- Stable multiplayer mode that can accommodate up to 255 players in 15 companies or as spectators
- A dedicated server mode and a game console for the administration
- IPv6 and IPv4 support for all client and server communications
- Downloading AI Games, NewGRF, Scenarios and Altitude Maps
- New trajectory search algorithms that allow vehicles to go where you want
- Autorail / -road construction tool improved terraforming
- Channels, elevators, aqueducts
- Larger non-uniform stations and the possibility of bringing them together
- Mammoth and multi-headed trains
- Different configurable models for vehicle acceleration
- Clone, replace and automatically update vehicles
- The possibility of building on slopes and coasts
- Advanced / Conditional Commands, Share and Copy Commands
- Longer and taller bridges with several new designs, more fully flexible tracks / roads under bridges
- Revised airport system with many other airports / heliports (eg international and metropolitan)
- Pro signals, semaphores, signaling by path
- Supports NewGRF TTDPatch features with many options for configuring / editing graphics and behavior
- Road traffic stops for articulated road vehicles and trams
- Several trees on a tile
- Corrupt the authority of the city
- Many configuration settings to adjust the game to your liking
- Save games using zlib compression for smaller sizes, without interrupting the game.
- Important support for internationalization. OpenTTD has already been translated into more than 50 languages
- Dynamically created city names in 18 languages, plus support for NewGRF for additional languages
- Graphics, sounds and music freely distributed
- Framework for custom written (user) AIs
- Zoom out in the normal view and zoom out in the small map.
You can download it from official website here and have a good time playing OpenTTD.