The blue screen of death of Windows 10 is one of those problems that scares a person's bejesus. While working on a heavy task on Windows, you find that your Windows crashes suddenly and that Blue displays an error message indicating- "Your PC has encountered a problem and needs to be restarted. We simply collect information about the errors and restart for you. If you want to know more, you can look for this error online later: driver irql_less_or_not_equal ". In this article, learn how to fix (FIXED) the driver IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL Error under Windows 10.
I've personally encountered this error by opening a number of tabs to write similar articles.
In chrome, the number of my tabs has reached 60, divided into three windows, 20 per tab. Fortunately, after the automatic restart, the error was no longer. But these shutdown errors sometimes become stubborn and appear very often, which can seem awful. If you have read this error, you are lucky to find this post because you will learn the correction methods here. "Driver irql_less_or_not_equal" STOP Error / BSOD Error in Windows 10, 8, 7.
Different types of error "driver irql_less_or_not_equal"
"Driver irql_less_or_not_equal" would have been found to create a lot of problems in Windows PC with other error formats like:
- Driver irql_less_or_not_equal windows 10 blue screen- This is a blue screen error which means that when your system crashes, it blinks a blue screen and starts transferring files.
- Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal ql2300.sys, epfwwfp.sys, e1c62x64.sys, rdbss.sys, tpx.sys, tdx.s.sys, netio.sys- This is the name of the files that appear with the description of the problem's error. So, to pass the name of this corrupted file that caused this STOP error.
- Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal at startup- This error can also occur as soon as you start your PC. Eventually, the PC will be trapped in a restart loop.
- Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal McAfee, AVG, Avira, Kaspersky – These errors may be the reason for several third-party security software installations.
Reasons for this error
This error is very generic and the cause of this error can vary a lot. Some of the main reasons for the IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL Driver error are listed below;
- Hardware failures
- Recent changes to the software
- Expired or corrupt drivers
- Incomplete Windows installation
- Corrupt .SYS files
- Overclocking clock speed
- Bad management of RAM
How to Fix "driver irql less or not equal" error
In order to fix this terrible IRQL driver error LESS OR NOT EQUAL in Windows 10, there are 6 best methods.
These simple solutions can be implemented to solve this problem.
1. Restart your PC
Try the most basic solution and do everything in your power to start your computer successfully, without being trapped in an endless restart loop.
Allow the computer to restart automatically at the end of the process. If it starts correctly under Windows, things are going pretty well. Otherwise, try forcing reboot or boot into safe mode by entering the BIOS using the f8 or f11 key.
2. Download the latest network driver
If you can already boot Windows correctly, reinstall immediately and install the latest network drivers. In order to proceed for this, proceed as follows:
- Hit the Windows logo + R Keywords at the same time to launch the Run app.
- In the Text field, type in "devmgmt.msc " and press D & #39; agreement. This will open the Device Manager window.
- In the Device Manager window, expand "Network Adapters" by clicking on the arrow in front of the name. then Right click the desired network device and choose uninstall.
- Grant permission by striking D & #39; agreement.
- Proceed in the same way for Wireless adapters as well.
- To restart your PC to reinstall these drivers.
Its if the problem is solved after this procedure. Many users report that this fix works optimally and completely removes the IRQL error from Windows.
3. Update all drivers and BIOS
Update your Windows, the drivers, and BIOS to ensure the proper functioning of the hardware with the software and thus increase the performance of the processor.
Check your system's BIOS updates on the manufacturer's website. Update your drivers manually or with the Windows updates if available.
4. Remove the overclocking tool
Your processor is assigned a clock frequency range in which it can work to perform tasks. This frequency, usually in the order of GHz, can be increased beyond the specified limits to improve system performance.
This could be a problem because the overclocking system costs some risks and expected errors of this type. For example, to fix the "irql_less_or_not_equal driver" problem, remove all overclocking tools and restore your hardware to the factory settings. Finally, remove the overclocking application (for example, the ASUS AI suite). After that, you will not see BSOD error of the irql_less_or_not_equal driver.
5. Check your equipment
Each time, the BSOD / STOP errors are not the result of corrupted software or system files.
But these mistakes are also likely to occur due to faulty hardware. Therefore, we recommend having your device checked by a hardware engineer. Some users repeatedly report the occurrence of the error due to a malfunction of the sound card, which solved the problem.
6. Reset your Windows 10
I kept this solution as a last resort because it requires a lot of time, resources and courage. If the above solutions did not work, try again and if you can not resolve the problem, you can perform a system reset.
NOTE: Do not forget to take over the Data Form system drive because a system reset deletes all files from the system drive.
To reset your windows, follow the steps below:
- press Windows + I key to open settings.
- Press on Update and security option.
- In the left pane, choose the Recovery tab of the list.
- You will find the first option saying "Reset your PC ".
- In the following dialog, click Delete all and reset your Windows 10 operating system accordingly.
- Finally, the PC is going reset after that.
Once the PC is restarted, you will no longer receive the blue screen error indicating that the driver is lower or equal.
The final result
In the end, I hope you were able to solve the dreaded IRQL LESS OR NOT EQUAL error using the methods above. If you are stuck on a solution, feel free to ask in the comments section below. Good fixation.